Aston Martin Red Bull Racing go on Dutch road trip
- What follows is a high-speed chase through some iconic Dutch locations - first between the sea freight containers and then past the country’s renowned windmills, flower-filled greenhouses and cobbled streets of The Hague.
- 2018 MXGP World Champion Jeffrey Herlings then joins for an aerial stint.
- The Road Trip reaches its climax at Zandvoort itself where the F1 drivers get a taste for the Dutch Grand Prix circuit in front of the ever-passionate Orange Army.
- The filming – completed before the current restrictions were implemented – was a massive logistical undertaking involving camera cars, multiple drones, helmet cams and road closures.
- Verstappen said: “If we can’t race then I think it’s great to put something out there for our fans. It’s very cool to show everyone a bit of Holland with this Dutch Road Trip. Normally you only see F1 cars on a race track but we do crazy stuff on snow, on the beach.”
- Of the prospect of the 2020 season getting underway, the Dutchman added: “Of course, we are very much looking forward to going racing again once it is safe. We were all very much looking forward to having a home grand prix in the Netherlands but hopefully later in the year or whenever it’s possible to race again we can get that started.”
- Albon said of his own part in the film: “We filmed this in January, and it was great fun. I think the film has turned out brilliantly and I hope everyone enjoys it. Hopefully when the season starts again they [the fans] will be as ready as we are.”