OneSoccer to provide complete coverage of CPL's “The Island Games” tournament
We're pleased to add a distinguished list of on-air personalities to an already impressive group that did a tremendous job bringing Canadian fans first-class coverage of their top-tier league, domestic cup and national teams in 2019," said OneSoccer General Manager Victor Rodriguez. "Our mandate to continue expanding the Canadian game through our coverage is backed up by significant investment in our fresh, soccer-specific sets in time for The Island Games and Concacaf World Cup qualifying."
OneSoccer is also proud to present Bringing It Home, a four-part documentary looking back on the CPL’s inaugural season. Produced by Mediapro Group, Episode 1 of Bringing It Home debuts exclusively on OneSoccer on Monday, Aug. 10 at 9 p.m. ET.
"We made our intentions very clear from the start, promising to deliver world-class programming to Canadian soccer fans," said Mediapro Canada CEO Oscar López. "Bringing It Home demonstrates the passion that has helped Mediapro become a global leader in production. We hope Canadian Premier League fans enjoy seeing the league in a way they've never seen it."
Here's what you can expect from our 2020 Island Games show lineup:
- Bringing It Home – The CPL like you’ve never seen it, Bringing It Home takes you inside the locker room and players’ homes during the league’s historic first season.
- Inside The Bubble – A dynamic Canadian soccer magazine show to kick off every broadcast, Asa Rehman and Adam Jenkins tell you what you missed and set up CPL Matchday with game highlights, sound from coaches, opinion from OneSoccer personalities, and from you, the fans!
- OneNation – Hosted by renowned Canadian soccer host James Sharman, OneNation puts the CPL side-by-side with the biggest leagues in the world. After they’re done talking about the biggest football stories from around the globe, the OneNation panel – featuring Canadian soccer legend Craig Forrest, and former Toronto FC standouts Rohan Ricketts and Terry Dunfield – turn their attention to the Canadian Premier League, the perfect lead in to our Matchday Live!
- Matchday Live – Andi Petrillo takes viewers through pre-game, half-time and post-game alongside former Canadian internationals Carmelina Moscato and Terry Dunfield, and veteran Canadian soccer reporter Laura Armstrong. Lead play-by-play commentator Gareth Wheeler will take viewers through the action alongside Adam Jenkins and Brendan Dunlop.
- CPL Coast-to-Coast – Post-game CPL coverage with a late-night feel. Stick around after every Matchday as Josh Kloke and Canadian soccer pundit Kurt Larson reflect on the day that was in Canadian Premier League action.
“The Island Games” kick-off on Thursday, August 13th as Hamilton’s Forge FC take on Calgary’s Cavalry FC in a rematch of the 2019 CPL Championship. Canadian soccer fans are encouraged to stay tuned to OneSoccer’s social channels for the full tournament schedule. Follow us on Twitter (@OneSoccer) for all the latest news, content and more!
About MEDIAPRO Group
MEDIAPRO Group, which recorded annual revenues exceeding €1.8 billion in 2019, operates a fleet of over 80 High Definition and 4K Outside Broadcast units, and produces live coverage of more than 12,000 events around the world each year. The Group is currently involved in the production of 16 national soccer competitions around the world, including top-tier leagues in Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Kenya, Angola, Slovenia, Serbia, Colombia, Bolivia, Mexico and Canada. Mediapro Group crews produce events for the UEFA Champions League, FIFA World Cup, FIFA Confederations Cup, the Africa Cup of Nations, FIBA events, the Euroleague and Formula 1. Mediapro was also the host broadcaster of the 2019 Pan Am Games in Lima, Peru.
Early in 2019, MEDIAPRO sealed a long-term partnership with Canadian Soccer Business for the worldwide media rights to the Canadian Premier League, the country’s new first division soccer league; the Canadian Championship, Canada Soccer’s highest domestic professional soccer competition, involving all professional soccer clubs in Canada; and the home games of Canada Soccer’s Men’s and Women’s National Teams.
In June 2020, MEDIAPRO Canada signed a wide-ranging partnership with the Canadian Elite Basketball League (CEBL), the new first-division professional men’s basketball league, which will see it produce live broadcast and streaming coverage of the league’s 2020 Summer Series for national public broadcaster CBC and distribute the rights worldwide. The deal means that MEDIAPRO Canada is now the production and media rights partner for both the CPL and the CEBL, the two newest Canadian professional sports leagues and the first to return to action in 2020.
MEDIAPRO also manages the global media rights to Spain’s LaLiga Santander and in 2018 was awarded a wide package of rights for the four seasons from 2020-21 to France’s Ligue 1 and Ligue 2, where it is launching a 24/7 service, Téléfoot, in partnership with commercial broadcaster TF1, to carry live coverage of league matches. The MEDIAPRO Group produces more than 15 TV channels worldwide, including several specialty sports channels.
With 58 offices on four continents, MEDIAPRO is also one of the most important creators of content in the world, with projects for HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Turner, DirecTV, Movistar, FOX, Viacom and Televisa.
MEDIAPRO Canada is also a full-service company offering mobiles, air-packs, REMI capability, crewing, studios, and a complete rentals department from its Toronto, Canada headquarters. Its newly-expanded fleet of seven Outside Broadcast units includes Odyssey, the first mid-size 4K mobile in North America, and Alto, a 53′ fully equipped expando mobile, capable of 14 cameras and 4 EVS systems. The Group entered the Canadian broadcast services market in April of 2019 year as part of its global expansion drive.