AJA Unveils FS4 Frame Synchronizer and Converter at NAB 2016
“FS4 is the first frame synchronizer to market with this range of 4K/UltraHD conversion options that can also be easily switched to multi-channel mode with up to 4 channels of simultaneous processing for 2K/HD and SD workflows,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “It is endlessly extensible, and packs an incredible range of functionality and features into a very small 1RU footprint perfect for mobile production trucks and small facilities—really any production or post scenario where multiple formats are being used.”
Key FS4 Features:
· Support for two modes: Four independent channels of 2K/HD/SD or Single-channel 4K/UltraHD frame–sync and conversion.
· 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD/SD video processing and up, down, cross-conversion.
· Full range of I/O options for 4K/UltraHD include Quad 1.5G; Dual 3G; and Quad 3G, 6G and 12G over a range of SDI and optional Fiber choices.
· SMPTE 2SI I/O support for 4K/UltraHD workflow options.
· Unprecedented four-channel 2K/HD/SD video processing and conversion.
· 1RU frame offering space, power and cost efficiencies ideal for broadcast trucks, post production or broadcast settings.
· Audio I/O processing with an incredible 272x272 matrix of audio possibilities; FS4 offers support for a flexible range of audio feeds from discrete AES to MADI and embedded SDI audio.
· Simple operation, a redesigned menu structure and quick access to features via front panel buttons or web UI.
Pricing and Availability
FS4 will be available by summer through AJA’s worldwide reseller network at a US MSRP of $4995.00. Additionally, there are new lower prices for other models in the FS family of frame synchronizers including: FS1 US MSRP $2995.00 ($500.00 price drop), FS1-X US MSRP $3495.00 ($500.00 price drop), FS1-X-FRC US MSRP $4995.00 ($500.00 price drop) and FS2 US MSRP $3995.00 ($1000.00 price drop). Pricing for the recently delivered FS3 remains unchanged at US MSRP $2995.00.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world.