Sony announces the development of Next-Generation CineAlta
Technology highlights and key benefits:
- Full Frame 36x24mm sensor exclusively designed for this Digital Motion Picture Camera
- Aspect ratio-agnostic – including Full Frame, Super35 4K 4-perf 4:3 Anamorphic and 4K spherical 3-perf 17:9
- New image sensor enabling exceptional picture quality
- Maintains the workflow established with Sony’s 16bit RAW/X-OCN and XAVC
- Compatible with current and upcoming hardware accessories for CineAlta cameras (DVF-EL200 Full HD OLED Viewfinder, AXS-R7 recorder, AXS-CR1 and AR1 card reader, AXS and SxS memory cards).
Sony CineAlta Background:
Sony pioneered high-end digital motion picture production technology, with the first 24p digital camera system (HDW-F900), the first RGB recording system (HDC-F950 and SRW-1) and the Super 35mm image sensor camera (F35).
CineAlta raised the standard of motion picture production with cutting-edge digital imaging technology, greatly contributing to 3D, 4K, HDR; and will continue to innovate in the future.
Sony Professional Solutions exists to unleash the incredible power of images. Helping customers tell stories, springboard change, connect emotionally, stimulate learning and activate potential is at the heart of our vision.
With a winning combination of technology and creativity Sony partners with businesses across a wide variety of sectors including Media and Broadcast, Theatre, Healthcare, Sports and Corporate and Education markets to deliver innovative and transformational customer solutions.
Operating with over 30 years’ experience and a trusted network of established technology partners Sony’s wide portfolio of product and services propositions provides true value to businesses and informs, educates, entertains and inspires their customers.