VT20 – The new Vertical Line Array System
Compared to a conventional compression driver, this may be equated with the technological leap from a combustion engine to the precise, efficient and high-torque electric powertrain.
VT20 – Vertical Array Loudspeaker
The VT20 is a fully horn-loaded 2-way vertical array 8-ohm loudspeaker with a passive frequency crossover and a horizontal radiation pattern of 90 degrees. For design reasons the horn-loaded 11.5“ line array driver is a physically ideal line source with a perfect air coupling factor of 1. At 35 kg (77.2 lbs.) the VT20 speaker offers a pleasantly light weight, compared against its overall performance. Its mechanical structure and acoustic behaviour allow vertical arrays of up to 24 VT20 loudspeakers.
High-quality interior design and details
Combined with our Linear Phase Technology the ultralinear, passive crossovers enable an exemplary acoustic phase response of +/- 10 degrees between 250 Hz and 20 kHz. The very straight impedance chart around 8 ohms with almost 0 degree electrical phase shift allows a trouble-free parallel system operation of up to four VT20s on one system amplifier channel.
The built-in 3-point flying hardware is made of light-weight and very strong airplane aluminium. With the integrated flying hardware the speakers can be flexibly angled in three different modes between 0 and 8 degrees in 1-degree steps.
The system and the subwoofers
In the low range the VT20 is complemented by our two VS18 (1x18“) and VS28 (2x18“) groundstack subwoofers. The flyable VS18F (1x18“) can be integrated into VT20 arrays or flown as a cardioid bass array next to a VT20 array, which makes a system width of 140 cm and a true fullrange line array. All three subwoofers are acoustically, mechanically and visually compatible and may be combined in mixed configurations as desired. Teamed with the VT20 they produce a linear frequency response between 28 Hz and 18 kHz.
VT20 – The system drive and the possibilities
With their built-in 56-bit DSP in IIR- and FIR filter technology and up to 80% efficiency, the DELTA8.4-DSP and DELTA14.4-DSP 4-channel system amplifiers make an ideal drive for up to 8 or 16 VT20s per amplifier respectively. Owing to the system-specific, pre-defined LFC (low frequency control) and HFC (high frequency control) filters, the system can be adapted very easily to different situations. The VT20 system represents an excellent basis for top-level sound reinforcement applications for a very broad range of 500 to 25,000 visitors.
- LF drivers: 2 x 10“ bass reflex, horn-loaded, symmetrical to HF driver
- HF driver: 1 x 11.5“ line array, horn-loaded
- Power handling capacity (RMS / programme): 800 W / 1,600 W
- SPL max. 140 dB
- Frequence response: 58 / 70 Hz 1) / 100 Hz 2) to 18 kHz
- Linear acoustic phase response up to 20 kHz, LP-technology 3)
- Directivity pattern: 90 degrees horizontal
- Impedance: 1 x 8 ohms
- 2+1™ Speakon sockets (2-channel wiring without reversible cable)
- Integrated 3-point flying hardware for angles between 0 and 8 degrees
- Weight: 35 kg (77.2 lbs.)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 700 x 325 x 560 mm, 600 mm on dolly
- Four handles
- Water-repellent acoustic foam behind the front grille
- 5 years warranty
- Made & engineered in Germany
1) Operation on system amplifier with active setup VT20-FR and VT20-70
2) Operation on system amplifier with active setup VT20-100
3) Operation on system amplifier with active setup VT20-FR, VT20-70 and VT20-100