Avid Continues Proven and Trusted Shared Storage Innovation with New ISIS 7500
“Media organisations are facing relentless pressure to increase content production while simultaneously improving operational efficiency and controlling costs,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Services at Avid. “With double the storage capacity of ISIS 7000, ISIS 7500 brings high capacity and performance to large-scale facilities, ensuring the real-time workflows needed to accelerate production and complete projects faster.”
ISIS 7500, the successor to ISIS 7000, provides superior scalability; support; performance; an open workflow-centric platform; protection; and real-time collaboration.
Specific features and benefits include:
· Greater capacity and scalability - A new 128 TB configuration, powered by the new i8000 storage blade and ISIS 4.6 software, enables media organisations to scale the system with up to 3 petabyte (PB) of raw storage (double the capacity of ISIS 7000).
· Unparalleled performance - Through patented technology, ISIS ensures client media due times, delivering incomparable, predictable performance and more media streams per ISIS engine in even the most editing-intensive environments. As client counts increase, ISIS sustains real-time multistream performance across the system.
· Real-time collaboration - With ISIS shared storage, multitudes of content creators and contributors can work together—sharing the same media assets facility-wide or everywhere with Interplay® Sphere—to turn around projects faster. Connect and collaborate with up to 330 others simultaneously with ISIS 7500. ISIS is the only system that provides highly scalable, highly protected, real-time editorial workflows.
· Reliable protection - High availability hardware design with no single point of failure. With patented data distribution and redistribution technology, ISIS 7500 maintains real-time performance in the event of a disk failure with automatic drive rebuild, giving media organisations total peace of mind in the most demanding media production environments.
· An open, workflow-centric platform - ISIS was built with the entire media production workflow in mind. It tightly integrates with AirSpeed® 5000 ingest/playout, Interplay asset management, Avid editing systems, and Pro Tools® audio production, accelerating the end-to-end workflow. It also welcomes third-party applications and servers, enabling easy integration into existing infrastructures.
· Support for HD and high-res files - With support for real-time SD, HD, and other high-resolution media, ISIS is the ideal hub for the modern media production workflow. Store vast amounts of source footage and make it readily available to everyone, everywhere.
· Lower total cost of ownership - With the new high-performance, higher capacity ISIS storage blades available in ISIS 7500, which provide 128 TB capacity, facilities can optimise performance, scalability, and storage density at a more affordable price. More importantly, the new i8000 storage blades lower total cost of ownership (TCO), delivering twice the storage capacity of their predecessors (with raw storage of up to 3 PB), using the same physical footprint as maller capacity configurations—without requiring any increase in power consumption, cooling, cabling, or other operational expense.
Availability and Pricing
ISIS 7500 will be available worldwide in December 2013. Pricing for an ISIS 7500 with 128TB ISIS Engine and System Director with Software License and ExpertPlus Hardware Support starts at £134,000 (Ex-VAT).
Customers with an Avid Advantage ExpertPlus or Elite support plan can upgrade to ISIS 4.6 software anytime by logging in to their Avid Master Account.