"What are the Economic Consequences of the Current Crisis on the Financing of Sport, Lessons Learned and the Alternatives?"
Panel 1: Monday 11 October 2010, 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
The panel will attempt to look into the future, defining possible financing alternatives. It will bring together the best experts from the field of sports economics, football economics and sports marketing.
• What are the consequences of the current economic crisis on the financing of sport?4By what proportion have sponsor companies reduced their budgets?
• What effect has the economic crisis had on TV rights?
• Has the world of sport been worse affected than other areas of the economy?
• Which sports have been hit hardest?
• What lessons can be learned from sports financing methods, in particular from football?
• What is the situation in France, in Europe, in the US and worldwide?
• What lessons can be learned from the consequences of the current economic crisis on the financing ofsport?
• What might be the alternatives if the crisis persists?
"Women in sport, the influence of women : a chance for sport”
Panel 2: Tuesday 12 October,10 :30 am – 12:30 pm
“Report on the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa” by Francis Tellier, CEO of HBS
Special Press Event: Tuesday 12 October 2010, 3 pm – 3:45 pm