Changing the way the international world of Football watches, analyzes and monitors players when they can’t be at the matches
This technology system exists thanks to Wyscout, who is revolutionizing the way scouts, clubs and player agents watch, analyze and monitor players. Wyscout leverages the power of digital media to create an online service that delivers on-demand footage to the biggest sports community in the world – the world of international Football.
Wyscout’s subscription service provides the biggest database in the industry with videos of more than 220.000 players, analyzed match by match and action by action. Its customers include more than 450 professional football clubs, 26 national teams and the most important player agencies in the world. Wyscout gives its customers a much broader view of the player market and in doing so, is changing the world of international football.
"Football is a very competitive world and Wyscout is one of the resources that teams leverage to help them compete. Digital media is the foundation for the high added-value services that we provide and our goal is to deliver our services with high availability and responsiveness." - Matteo Campodonico, Founder & CEO at Wyscout
Matteo's Challenge: Delivering the same superb digital experience to customers around the world from Europe to Asia, Africa and the Americas
Matteo co-founded Wyscout in 2004. The company began as a hobby for him and his partner. Their endeavors filming and editing local football matches took off when the pair realized the potential to harness digital media as a way to revolutionize the world of international football. Wyscout currently serves 40 terabytes of video per month.
Wyscout was effectively serving high-quality video to its European customers as long as they were accessing the video from Europe but Football is an international sport, and when the football community found out about the competitive edge that Wyscout’s service provided, scouts, agencies and clubs in other countries wanted access to rich media footage that Wyscout was providing. After all, this sport is about cut-throat competition and the faster you can get high-performance video, the more information you have about a player and the faster you can pull the trigger on player transfers and acquisitions. All of this transfers directly to a club’s performance and the goal is to win.
Wyscout expanded geographically from Europe to the Americas, Asia Pacific and the rest of the world delivering content to all connected devices. The challenge was delivering the same high-quality, high-performance video that they were serving their customers in Europe to the rest of the world without having to build out and support their own data centers which would have been a large capital investment.
"Digital media and new devices opened up opportunities for us in emerging countries, but when it comes to watching scouting video, performance is critical. Scouts, agents and clubs need to see every nuance and any interruption in the delivery of that video impacts their ability to make a timely decision." - Matteo Campodonico, Founder & CEO at Wyscout
Matteo's Solution: A high-performance global content delivery network
How would Wyscout make sure that scouts, clubs and agencies around the world had the same VIP experience regardless of their location, bandwidth connections and device that they were using?
Wyscout needed a global high-performance content delivery network that could deliver with laser-fast speed and reliability and could scale with him as his business grew.
He considered several criteria in selecting the right technology partner:
• Global performance and delivery: Wyscout needed a content delivery network that could deliver high-performance video to Europe and to the rest of the world.
• Optimized viewing experiences on all connected devices: Wyscout needed a delivery network that could deliver to any device, especially mobile devices as scouts, agents and clubs were increasingly using these devices to watch matches and player clips.
• Scalability: Wyscout needed a solution that could grow with them and handle large traffic peaks while ensuring consistent high-quality experiences across devices and geographies.
• Cost-Effectiveness: The solution that Matteo needed had to be cost-effective in addition to delivering worldwide with great performance.
"Limelight Orchestrate Delivery ensures delivery of our services at high and constant speeds regardless of where our customers are watching. They offered the right solution at the right price point and that lets us stay at the top level of our game so that we can continue to grow." - Matteo Campodonico, Founder & CEO at Wyscout
With Limelight as its trusted partner, Wyscout knows that their content gets to their customers in Asia, Africa, the Americas and the rest of the world with the same reliable speed and high-performance as it gets to their European customers.
"Working with Limelight I can deliver the best possible viewing experience to football scouts, agencies and clubs around the world with the same high-quality consistent experience that my European customers have. With Limelight, my customers in Brazil have the same access to full-length matches and shorter situational clips as my customers in Milan and I can deliver these clips with the highest standard of service. With Limelight we can continue to revolutionize the football trading landscape." - Matteo Campodonico, Founder & CEO at Wyscout
• Wyscout gets a scalable cloud-based platform that ensures they can serve content globally without having to spend money building their own data centers to reach those markets.
• Wyscout gets a content delivery network that ensures high-performance delivery anywhere in the world and that global audiences even in hard to reach rural areas can watch content without interruption regardless of their bandwidth connections.
• Matteo has a cost-effective, reliable solution with great customer service.
Wyscout is an Italian company that supports football scouting, match analysis and transfer dynamics. The company was founded in 2004 as a hobby of the founders filming and editing local matches. Since then it has grown into a platform that supports scouting and transfers around the world. Wyscout Platform supports more than 1000 sports companies globally including clubs, federations, leagues, and top player agencies. It is headquartered in Chiavari, Italy.
With Limelight, Wyscout can:
• Deliver content globally Know that audiences around the world have the same reliable high-performance viewing experience regardless of their location.
• Reach audiences on all devices from PC’s to smartphones and tablets With content optimized for each device, customers can watch on whatever device they want and know that their user experience will be superb regardless of how they are watching.
• Focus on growing their business and not on managing data centers Have a scalable and available content delivery solution that can handle traffic peaks and grow with the company without requiring additional capital investment to build their own data centers.
• Have a cost-effective, reliable solution with great customer service Be assured that in addition to reliable high-performance delivery around the world to all devices, the solution is cost-effective with great customer service.