Zest4.TV Purchases Polycam Outside Broadcasts
Simon Roe, Managing Director of Zest4.TV, commented, “We used to hire in the Polycam truck on jobs where there was nowhere to locate our flyaway facilities. We enjoyed it every time, with its good size for multiple crew, ergonomics and build quality. When the opportunity arose to purchase the truck, we decided to purchase the whole business (giving us an in-house Head of OB and the clients previously serviced by Polycam). The truck is a perfect size for our work. The small footprint of 7m x 2.5m enables it to be used in areas where much larger trucks are not suitable. “
The truck is divided into 3 separate seated galleries for Production, Engineering and Sound (with air conditioning in each area). The versatile design makes the unit flexible and able to adapt to many different production needs including different camera makes/models.
It is ideal for corporate webcasts, facebook live streams, studio add-on facilities to larger OBs, festivals, and anywhere that a powerful, small/medium sized truck is needed. It comes with one of three tender vehicles, depending on the production: Renault Master LWB, VW Crafter MWB or Citroen Berlingo mini-van.
The production gallery has a 3-person desk for Director, Vision Mixer and PA / Graphics, with room for 2 more behind, such as a Producer and Prompt. Engineering has 2-seats for vision engineer and EVS or RoboCamera or VT area. Sound has 1-seat.
Other key features include:
- Cameras: Up to 8 x Sony CCUs & RCPs – triax or fibre (Sony HXC-100 standard, HDC-1500s or 2500s on request)
- Blackmagic Design 2M/E ATEM switcher (standard) or For-a HVS-390 (special request)
- 5 switchable monitors in gallery
- Blackmagic 40x40 Videohub router
- Playback Pro VT system
- DigiCo SD11 sound desk with MADI 32/8 stage box
- In-built 4G modem and Wifi
- Wirecast live streaming software
- Multiple record options – MovieRecorder live ingest, Blackmagic Hyperdecks, Convergent Design Apollo
- Easy access to rear of engineering racks for bespoke builds
- Talkback is currently FACE Systems matrix with a Clear-Com Eclipse HX-Delta upgrade planned
Trevor Marr, new Head of OB, said, “I invested many years designing, building and then working the truck. It is fantastic that I can keep guaranteeing it, continue to serve Polycam’s existing clients under the Zest4.TV name, and join a team of like-minded, highly-skilled and experienced individuals to push through more work for the truck. I look forward to seeing it evolve as technology moves forward and client demands change over time.”
Zest4.TV Limited is a full-service facilities company, providing camera, audio, outside broadcast and live ingest/chase edit solutions to the audio visual, live event, live streaming and broadcast industries.
The company has built a reputation for creative and innovative solutions to live events, with a multi-skilled team able to service any type of broadcast requirement.
+44 1784 441147