Thunderbolt-Enabled Matrox MXO2 Devices Available Worldwide
Thunderbolt is currently available on all new Macs®. Matrox MXO2 devices provide broadcast-quality video and audio capture, monitoring, output, and H.264 encoding for use with leading editing and content creation applications.
"Thunderbolt technology is bringing a whole new level of performance and versatility to PCs," said Jason Ziller, director, Thunderbolt marketing and planning, Intel Corporation. "Matrox's new MXO2 enables all their editing and streaming products to make great use of Thunderbolt technology, and will enable new levels of creativity for mobile media creators and Web broadcasters."
"Editing of uncompressed footage is now a reality on a whole new class of computers, all of which can take advantage of Matrox MXO2 devices for I/O, professional monitoring, and lightning-fast H.264 encoding," said Alberto Cieri, senior director of sales and marketing at Matrox. "Our original vision for the Matrox MXO2 product line — to bring audio/video connectivity and encoding functionality outside the computer — is paying off for our customers who can simply purchase a Matrox Thunderbolt adapter to future-proof their editing systems."
Key Features of Matrox MXO2 Family
• Convenient form factors for use in studio, on set, in the field, and in OB vans
• Connects via a Thunderbolt cable to all new Macs
• Connects via PCIe or ExpressCard®/34 to other laptops and desktop systems
• Broadcast-quality HD/SD video and audio input/output
• Extensive application support, including Adobe® Creative Suite® 5.5 Production Premium, Apple Final Cut Pro® X, and Avid® Media Composer®
• 10-bit HDMI input, output, and monitoring with the unique Matrox HDMI Calibration Utility
• 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
• Matrox MAX™ option for lightning-fast H.264 encoding
Price and availability
Thunderbolt-enabled Matrox MXO2 devices are now available from authorized dealers worldwide starting from $549 U.S. (£411, €469), not including local taxes. Matrox Thunderbolt adapters for all MXO2 devices can be purchased as an add-on at $199 US (£142, €170).
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, DVD/Blu-ray authoring, streaming, A/V signal conversion, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada.