ORTF Surround by Schoeps for Surround Ambience Recording
The entire arrangement can be conveniently mounted in a single elastic suspension
– Plug and Play solution for Surround Ambience
– optimal imaging characteristics like those of the “IRT Cross”: good 360° imaging with a pleasant, natural- sounding spatial impression
– uses four SCHOEPS CCM 41 L supercardioids
– in future available as a complete system
– Applications: Sporting events, film sound, etc.
The ORTF Surround Set is “plug and play”
The ORTF Surround arrangement has been designed so that the entire arrangement can be conveniently mounted in a single elastic suspension, and - in future - share a single windscreen.
It differs from the IRT Cross arrangement by being rectangular rather than square. Its pickup regions are correctly apportioned through careful choice of the angles and distances among the microphones. The ORTF Surround Set is a “plug and play” solution for surround ambience. It comprises:
– four CCM 41 L compact microphones
– a four-way “ORTF Surround Bar“ terminated with a Neutrik multi-pin connector
– an elastic suspension (Rycote Invision)
– a 5-meter, four-way multi-core cable terminated with 4 × XLR-3M
When working indoors, the ORTF Surround Set can be used without the windscreen. If a moderate degree of wind protection should be required, a SCHOEPS B 5 D foam windscreen can be placed over each microphone separately.