New AJA Frame Synchronizer and Fiber Mini-Converters
FS2 Dual Channel Universal Frame Synchronizer and Converter
FS2 builds on the success of AJA’s FS1 by adding dual channel features in a streamlined 1RU form factor, and also adds 3G-SDI I/O, HDMI I/O, with Optical Fiber I/O options and Dolby-E encoding and decoding options, at an unprecedented price point.
FS2 can be used for a wide variety of video and audio signal conversion, adaptation, timing and processing applications, including:
· Dual-channel 10-bit up/down/cross convert between various SD and HD formats including 1080p50/60.
· General purpose dual HD/SD frame synchronization.
· Analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog audio/video conversion.
· Mux or demux of two separate HD signals from one 3G SDI signal.
· Convert 3G/HD/SD video over fiber to/from SDI (BNC).
· Built-in video processing amplifiers to adjust and/or color correct.
· Synchronize the timing of key and fill signals by putting both through the parallel FS2 video channels and adjusting their timing independently. Then key them using one of the two FS2 keyers or an external keyer.
· Dolby® E encoding and decoding with full channel mapping (available as an option).
“Our customers have dubbed FS1 the ‘Swiss Army Knife’ of video converters for its range of connectivity options and supported formats,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “With FS2 we’ve essentially combined two FS1 units into a single device, while retaining the same 1RU form factor and added a host of new high-end features. We’re excited to announce FS2; there’s really nothing else on the market that delivers comparable price-performance value.”
Pricing and Availability
FS2 will be available through AJA’s reseller channel by summer 2011 at an MSRP of $4995 US. Optional features that will also be available for FS2 at a later date include: Dolby E encoding for $3895 US, Dolby E decoding $2995 US, dual Fiber options for $295 US and single fiber options for $195 US.
New AJA Hi5-Fiber and FiDO SDI/Optical Fiber Mini-Converters
AJA Video Systems debuted five brand new Mini-Converters among the company’s product introductions at the National Association of Broadcasters Conference, April 11-14 in Las Vegas, NV. The leading manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions is showcasing the new Hi5-Fiber Mini-Converter and four new models of the FiDO family of SDI/Optical Fiber Mini-Converters.
Hi5-Fiber converts HD/SD-SDI over single mode 1310 nm ST-style Fiber Optic cable to drive HDMI monitors. It supports embedded 8-channel audio in the HDMI output, allowing for a convenient single cable audio/video connection and also provides 2-channel RCA-style audio outputs for separate audio monitoring. HDMI v1.2 capability is standard with no user-configuration required.
FiDO (Fiber Digital Optical) is a family of nine SDI/Optical Fiber converters that enable the transport of SDI, HD-SDI and 3G SDI over distances of up to 10km. Designed for outdoor or indoor use, FiDO converters pass the complete SDI signal (including audio and/or metadata), and meet all relevant SMPTE specifications. Their low profile enclosure enables use in tight spaces around and behind equipment racks, trucks and crowded facilities.
New FiDO models introduced at NAB:
· FiDO T-ST: single channel SDI to ST Fiber converter, with looping SDI output
· FiDO R-ST: Single channel ST Fiber to SDI converter, with dual SDI outputs
· FiDO T-SC: Single channel SDI to SC Fiber converter, with looping SDI output
· FiDO R-SC: Single channel SC Fiber to SDI converter, with dual SDI outputs
Pricing and Availability
Hi5-Fiber is planned for availability by summer and US MSRP is $695. The new FiDO T-ST, R-ST, T-SC and R-SC Mini-Converters will also be available by summer from AJA’s worldwide network of channel partners, with US MSRP pricing at $445 each.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion, acquisition and desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world.AJA