Mastering Multicamera Techniques
Other features include
* Advanced multi-camera techniques and specialty work-flows are examined for tapeless & large scale productions with examples from network TV shows, corporate media projects, event videography, and feature films.
* New techniques for 3D projects, 2k/4k media management and color correction are revealed.
* Technical breakdowns analyze system requirements for monitoring, hard drives & RAIDs, RAM, codecs and computer platforms.
* Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro and several other software programs are detailed.
* Tables, charts, screen-grabs, photos, web-links, blogs, tech school lists and other resource tools for further study.
* Unique interviews with the 'Masters of Multi-Cam' including EMMY and academy award-winning directors and editors who share their project notes and give insight to award-winning techniques.
* Platform-agnostic techniques with a review and comparison of a available tools
* Actual broadcast TV show & feature film projects are dissected to reveal a step-by-step approach to managing multi-camera programs
* 'Insider' procedures are revealed for large-scale productions and upcoming 3D editing
The book comes with an array of multicamera footage which allows you to practice your technique.
1) Paul McCartney live in concert: Band on the Run (2:30). 20 angles including Techno crane, dolly, rail cam, cable cam, jib and handheld.
2) Elton John live in concert: Love Lies Bleeding (1:00) 5 angles and 1 linecut.
3) The Essentials of Multi-camera Editing: from RippleTraining.com
4) MultiCalc: AJA Data Calculator
5) Apple ProRes Decoder for Mac and PC
6) SequenceLiner application: from Spherico.com and Andreas Kiel.
Mitch Jacobson - Bibliography
Mitch Jacobson is a producer/director/editor with 30 years experience in broadcast television and entertainment production. He is the owner of Category-5 Studios in New York City and a member of The Motion Picture Editor's Guild (MPEG 700/Hollywood/NYC). Mitch's work has crossed all genres and has aired on every major network and cable channel. Two of his productions have been nominated for Prime-time Emmy™ awards. Selected credits include: multicamera concert films and EPKs for U2, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Aerosmith, Pavarotti and the Newport Jazz Festival; Talk shows for Montel Williams, Rachael Ray and Isaac Mizrahi; Sports programming for the NFL Network, Fox and CBS. He has also cut advertising agency campaigns for some of the biggest names in fashion and music.
Mitch is the author of the new book: Mastering Multicamera Techniques: From Preproduction to Editing and Deliverables (Focal Press) released at NAB 2010. He also teaches special classes for the Motion Picture Editors Guild and presenters "Multicamera Madness" workshops for industry trade groups and conferences.
Author: Mitch Jacobson
Publisher: Focal Press
Price: USD: 54.95 -- ISBN: 978-0-240-81176-5
Pub date: Jun 04, 2010 -- Pages: 472