Just when you think you've seen it all …
The OB-X unit allows Videe to offer a robust production platform that is format agnostic and capable of distributing content to multiple platforms and devices. It has been designed to be interoperable, and reliable and combines powerful technologies from Sony including the HDC-4800 slow motion 4K and HDC-4300 4K/HD system cameras, PWS-4500 servers, PVM and BVM reference monitors and the XVS-8000 video switcher. OB-X is also the first in Italy to adopt the HDC-4800 UHFR system in “Shareplay” integration to achieve the performance of as many as 8 integrated multi-channel servers.
The unit is also equipped with devices that are ready to support the latest generation of “IP Live” protocols and Sony 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) products and solutions including: All the devices support.
- 18x HDC-4300 HD 4K broadcast and studio cameras
- 2x HDC-3500 wireless system cameras
- 2x HDC-4800 slow motion system cameras
- 2x HDC-P50 box cameras for Steadycam
- XVS-8000 SDI/IP vision switcher
- 6x PWS-4500 4K server
- BVM-HX310 professional master monitor
- PVM-A250 main quality monitors
- 4x HDRC-4000 4K HDR cross production converter unit
Paola Montanari, AD of Videe, said: “Our thirty-year experience is based on the ability to offer customers innovative and adaptable solutions to meet their needs and deliver reliable and high-profile projects. To achieve this, we have always relied on partner companies that share our passion towards cutting-edge technologies that enable digital transformation. OBX was created to evolve the concept of OB Van and mark a new era in this market, enhancing and at the same time ensuring greater operational efficiency. Reliability, true partnership, and technical innovation are the qualities that set Sony apart from others and have united us as partners”.
Designed and wired together with Chromaline, OBX is a unique mix of performance and comfort. Equipped with a triple expansion, OBX hosts a dual 4K direction for up to 30 cameras. The two production areas, developed on an operating space of 75 square meters and double SDI and IP cabling, are perfectly capable of being interfaced and can operate independently with separate access. For high calibre events the interior space is modular and can become a unique production area. OBX has been designed based on the needs of the users to maximize comfort and operational efficiency: it has a customizable indirect RGB LED lighting system, an electric home automation system, an air recirculation system every 30 minutes with customizable air conditioning.
Hiroshi Kajita, Head of Media Solutions at Sony Professional Solutions Europe commented on the significance of the partnership: “The post-digital world is full of new opportunities for media companies. Videe saw these opportunities and together we’ve created a solution that not only unleashes their passion and ideas but equips them to help customers overcome the challenges of modern broadcasting.”
The combination of cameras, video mixers, servers and supporting technologies that underpin OB-X create a next-generation outside broadcast environment that is both 4K/HDR enabled and IP-ready. Key functionalities of the Sony products and solutions include:
- The latest generation of the Sony PWS-4500 4K/HD live production server offers XAVC (both 4K and HD), HFR, ProRes and Avid DNxHD® recording capabilities, as well as flexible I/O configurations. The PWS-4500 is the ideal solution for acquiring “ISO Recording” with various CODECs, up to an unmatched 960Mps (XAVC Class480). Recorded video material can be easily shared to connected servers via a LAN (Shareplay function), without any need to physically move files between various connected systems, while the AIR (Artistic Intent Rendering) function offered by the HDRC-4000 can additionally convert the intermediate production format to any desired distribution format.
- The UHFR (Ultra High Frame Rate) Sony HDC-4800 system camera, together with the BPU-4800 baseband processor, which incorporates a native 4K HFR server with continuous recording, can capture full-resolution 4K Ultra HD images at up to 400P (8x) or Full HD at 800P (16x) to reveal split-second action. When connected in Shareplay with additional PWS-4500 servers, it offers the most powerful production platform for content integration and sharing.
- The HDC-4800’s large Super 35mm CMOS sensor lets operators take full advantage of PL mount lenses, whilst also supporting B4 lenses – delivering stunning 4K images that capture offer both a cinematic look and incredible definition.
- Sitting at the heart of IP Live and 4K and HD production operations, the XVS-8000 multi-format video switcher delivers impressive flexibility and operability, enabling Videe to achieve a powerful mixed environment with SDI and IP. Its 5 M/E functionality also enables multiple operational configurations including 4K and HD simultaneous operation.
- The BVM-HX310 TRIMASTER HX™ Professional Master Monitor reaches 1,000 nits of full screen brightness with a contrast ratio of 1,000,000: 1 delivering unrivalled 4K HDR picture quality, accuracy and consistency when checking parameters in live production.
Videe will be at IBC 2019 in the OB Van area on stand 0.C02 where attendees can view one of the most innovative, integrated and dynamic production environments in Europe.