Grass Valley Makes it Easy for News Professionals to Deliver More Compelling, Timely Content with Enhanced Solutions at IBC2016
“Gone are the days of daily news cycles and spending hours on a story for the six o’clock broadcast. With streaming services, online sources and social media, consumers expect to get the news in real-time, as it happens,” said Neerav Shah, senior vice president of strategic marketing, Grass Valley. “News gathering and production tools must be flexible and open to make it easier for organizations to take in photo, audio and video content from any number of sources at a variety of quality levels and put it together to tell a story. And it has to happen fast.”
The same factors that bring new challenges to news production today also provide more opportunities to integrate media and come at stories from a number of different angles. Bringing all that content together successfully requires a level of efficiency that enables the news teams to work smarter, faster and better. Grass Valley’s latest news solutions provide many customer benefits: operational efficiency, unparalleled integration, enhanced rights protection, updated proxy utilities for content management, collaborative news coverage, process automation and improved editing capabilities.
Some of the specific advantages of Grass Valley’s news solutions are:
· GV STRATUS and EDIUS work natively together to enable further operational efficiencies while also seamlessly integrating with a number of third-party products
· User permissions control every part of GV STRATUS, from assets to metadata fields, allowing broadcasters to control sensitive rights issues
· With dramatically improved proxy quality, GV STRATUS offers an end-to-end solution for digital media publishing
· Ignite version 9.0’s migration to a client-server platform enables broadcasters to work collaboratively to cover breaking news more quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively
· A new RS-LDX camera robotics package and many new drivers for Ignite enable tailored solutions for every customer’s needs
· EDIUS 8.22 with motion tracking, a primary color correction video filter, the ability to import custom LUT files and support for BT.2020 and HDR enable the best quality for content delivered to viewers
“As with all of our solutions, openness and interoperability play an important role in ensuring that customers have what they need and are able to leverage all their tools with minimal effort and maximum efficiency,” added Shah.
Grass Valley already makes it possible for a wide range of news customers around the world, such as TV Cultura, CBS, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Sky Racing, Raycom Media, WGBH, Bel TV and many more, to create and deliver unparalleled news content to their audiences across multiple distribution channels.
Grass Valley will showcase all of its powerful news solutions at IBC 2016 on stand 1.D11.
At IBC 2016, Grass Valley will debut its new company vision of “Content Your Way,” which features bold new integrated solutions that make it easy for customers to create, control and connect content wherever, however and whenever it is consumed. Key application areas include live production, news, content delivery and networking.
About Grass Valley
Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, keeps broadcasters, content owners and service providers Future-Ready as they navigate the changing landscape of television. With the most comprehensive collection of workflow solutions in the industry, Grass Valley delivers end-to-end television production and content distribution workflows, combined with expert consultation and insight that lead to sustainable success. Grass Valley, headquartered in Montreal, is part of St. Louis-based Belden Inc. Belden delivers a comprehensive product portfolio designed to meet the mission-critical network infrastructure needs of industrial, enterprise and broadcast markets. With innovative solutions targeted at reliable and secure transmission of rapidly growing amounts of data, audio and video needed for today's applications, Belden is at the center of the global transformation to a connected world.