Camera Corps Heads for BVE 2014
"Since its original introduction at NAB 2009, Q-Ball has proved highly popular and successful across the entire television business," Shaun Glanville comments. "Available for purchase or rental, it gives producers seven major advantages over traditional cameras:
1. Q-Ball allows live content to be sourced from an unlimited number of cameras without needing a huge team of operators.
2. Q-Ball can be positioned anywhere in a studio, across a multi-set production site, indoors or outdoors in practically any climate.
3. Q-Ball allows smooth on-air follow-shots.
4. Q-Ball is tough enough to be placed right inside the action.
5. When supplied in its popular black finish, Q-Ball is almost invisible to other cameras or to a live-event audience.
6. Q-Ball can be used in any lighting conditions, including infra-red-illuminated night shooting.
7. Q-Ball can be installed easily with short or long-range links plus a range of control and switching options, all built to the exacting standards we require in our own role as a production services support and rental company."
Q-Ball is a 1080i high-definition camera with 10:1 zoom optics plus a fully rotatable pan and tilt head housed in a cast-aluminum sphere of similar diameter to a standard Compact Disc or DVD. High-precision motors enable the operator to adjust the camera angle from practically any location, including smooth adjustment of vertical and lateral tracking speeds. Q-Ball has delivered close-up video from many very high-profile broadcast events in recent years, including the BBC Proms, Summer and Winter Olympics, international football, motor racing, water sports, tennis, football, rugby and many popular reality television shows.
About Camera Corps
A Vitec Group company, Camera Corps provides high-volume support services for reality television productions as well as very large-scale sports and stage events worldwide. Based on the site of the former Brooklands motor-racing circuit near London’s Heathrow airport, Camera Corps has achieved a pre-eminent reputation for its ability to acquire exciting and unusual television content from exceptionally challenging environments.
The Camera Corps equipment fleet encompasses HotShots, MiniShots, remote specialist cameras and lenses, remote underwater systems, cranes, platforms and dollies. Equipment of Camera Corps' own design includes the iconic Q-Ball, Q-Ball Preset and RF Q-Ball, as well as bespoke builds such as Pop-Up Ice-Cam. Baseball Base Cam, Archery Cam, Underwater Remote Cam, Slalom Pole Cam, Helmet Cam and Body Cam.