601 HD/UHD OBVans - An Overview on the Installed Hardware
Cameras - Camera Lenses - Vision Mixers - Displays - Multiviewer - Digital Glue - Video Routers - Intercom Systems - Video Tape Recorders - Video SloMo/SuperSloMo Systems - Audio Mixers - Audio Monitoring
- Cameras: with its HDC and HSC camera lines Sony is still ahead of Grass Valley’s LDK and LDX Camera lines
- Camera Lenses: Canon is in front of Fujinon, however most of the production companies deliver any available brand and lens due to very good supply by rental companies on demand.
- Since the integration of SAM into Grass Valley the vision mixer market is dominated by Kajak, Karrera and Kahuna mixers and sees Sony with 37% market share on 2nd place.
- The monitor walls in the 601 trucks consist of more than 22.000 Displays and are dominated by Sony followed by Panasonic and boland.
- Axon is leading the Multi-Viewer product group followed by Evertz Grass Valley and Imagine Communications.
- Axon is also leading the Digital Gluefollowed by AJA, Imagine Communications and Grass Valley/SAM and Evertz. Runners up are Lawo with its V_Line Products an Riedel with its MediorNet and MicroN products
- Grass Valley/SAM also is dominating the Router business followed by Evertz and Imagine Communications. However, in OB Trucks with IP Infrastucture we see Cisco and Aristo on the rise.
- Intercom Systems sees three main suppliers with RTS (dominating the US and the UK), Riedel and Clear-Com (on the rise in China).
- The trend in the group of recording devices is clearly going away from Tape and Optical Disk devices towards Hard Drives, SSD and Flash Memory. Therefore, Sony is losing market shares while AJA and Blackmagic are winning.
- EVS is still dominating the SloMo and SuperSlomo Recording/Playback devices. Grass Valley and BLT are flat on a low level, while Sony and slomo.tv are slowly winning first references. Simply Live is working hard to win market share. Evertz has nearly no impact at all with the DreamCaster.
- Lawo has become the market leader in Audio Mixing Consoles. Calrec is second worldwide but No1 in the US and the UK. Yamaha is dominating the installed base of Backup consoles in the trucks and the overall No2 brand.
- Audio Monitoring in OB trucks is synonym with Genelec ‘s SAM series monitors and with Neumann on the rise.