Eredivisie Live Chooses EVS
Eredivisie Live launched in 2008 to broadcast live coverage of the Dutch top-tier football league, and has since broadcast competitions such as the KNVB Cup, the FA Cup, and the UEFA Europa League. As the nation’s largest pay TV channel, Eredivisie Live wanted a solution that would allow it to best exploit its valuable content and deliver it instantly to multiple platforms - including its downloadable web application. They also wanted to be able to enrich their programming with exclusive footage, sophisticated graphics and HD-quality images.
“With the growing desire of viewers to have access to live and personalized content and with the additional demands of distributing to multiple platforms, we needed a solution to help us offer our Eredivisie Live fans more and better content,” said Jan De Vries, director operations & infrastructure. “EVS’ heritage and expertise in live production was the perfect match to provide our subscribers with a truly interactive and enhanced viewing experience.”
EVS Sports will supply Eredivisie Live with a wide range of solutions to create an enhanced live production workflow from ingest to playout. The end-to-end HD production infrastructure includes:
· XS servers for ingesting multiple feeds and for studio playout
· XT3 production servers with LSM remote control panels to create highlights and analysis packages for live shows. The servers will support XDCAM HD for all file transfers and playout
· IPDirector production asset management suite for scheduling incoming feeds, live logging and browsing and file transfer
· IPBrowse to help producers, journalists and editors to easily search and view content stored on nearline storage
· XStoreSAN for central nearline storage and integration with Avid post-production tools
· EpsioLive to insert graphic overlays and an offside line in the first replay
· C-Cast to deliver multicam footage recorded on EVS’ servers, along with descriptive metadata direct to web-connected devices
“Broadcasters and rights owners are facing the challenge of running more efficient operations while delivering new and enhanced revenue streams,” said Luc Doneux, EVP Sports division, at EVS. “We’re delighted that Eredivisie Live has chosen EVS Sports solutions as the heart of its live production workflow to provide its subscribers with a more interactive and enriched viewing experience.”
EVS provides its customers with reliable and innovative technology to enable the production of live, enriched video programming, allowing them to work more efficiently and boost their revenue streams. Its industry-leading broadcast and media production systems are used by broadcasters, production companies, post-production facilities, film studios, content owners and archive libraries around the globe. It spans four key markets – Sports, Entertainment, News and Media.
Founded in 1994, its innovative Live Slow Motion system revolutionised live broadcasting. Its reliable and integrated tapeless solutions, based around its market-leading XT server range, are now widely used to deliver live productions worldwide. Today, it continues to develop practical innovations, such as its C-Cast second-screen delivery platform, to help customers maximise the value of their media content.
The company is headquartered in Belgium and has offices in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and North and Latin America. Approximately 475 EVS professionals from 20 offices are selling its branded products in over 100 countries, and provide customer support globally. EVS is a public company traded on Euronext Brussels: EVS, ISIN: BE0003820371.