ESC to renew official broadcasting partnership with Videohouse
Following the successful broadcast partnership between Videohouse and the Eurovision Song Contest last year in Copenhagen where Conchita Wurst triumphed, ORF, the Austrian public-service broadcaster decided to renew the partnership with the company. Once again, Videohouse and its expertise have been commissionned to provide ORF with high-quality visual and technical broadcasting facilities which the company will achieve thanks to:
· 2 identical High Definition OB trucks which will guarantee a perfect recording of the event.
· A 3rd TV van for recording all daily press conferences.
· The development, construction and manning of a Technical Operating Center (TOC), the technical nerve centre from where everything is connected with everyone.
· 30 HD cameras.
· 13 wireless camera systems to allow flexible movement over the entire stage. EuroLinX, the susidiary of Videohouse specialised in the supply of RF solutions and services will guarantee these high-end transmissions.
· An advanced intercom system for impeccable communciation between all the various production departments.
· A modern fibre optic network to transport all the images and sounds quickly and faultlessly.
· A team of 40 highly qualified and experienced technicians in order to streamline everything properly.
Videohouse will broadcast the semi-finals on Tuesday 19 May and Thursday 21 May, as well as the final today live from the Wiener Stadthalle.
“With an average of 195 million viewers, the Eurovision song contest is one of the most popular TV shows in the world, therefore, our challenge is to provide a top-notch technical support. In the meantime, for our team: Belgium 12 points!”, said Guy Kreydt, CTO from Videohouse.
For years, Videohouse has provided a unique value to the Belgian media sector. The company was set up in 1980 and has meanwhile grown to become the facility market leader in Belgium. Nowadays, Videohouse is a member of the Euro Media Group with a presence in more than 7 countries (United Kingdom, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland and Italy).
EuroLinX– a 100% subsidiary company of Videohouse - is specialized in supplying high end – long range TV connections for, for instance, cycling competitions, by means of motorbikes, helicopters and broadcasting aircraft.
Today, Euro Media Group is one of the few independent providers in Europe known world-wide for its technical expertise. Focused on new media, Euro Media Group is recognised for its wealth of experience in international sports, live performances and entertainment production. Offering a large range of services, advanced knowledge in technology and a strong ability to innovate, the Group provides clients with its specialist knowledge, delivering a high quality service. The Group owns the largest range of studios and mobile units, providing its customers with the greatest collection of studios and fleet of mobile facilities in Europe.
As a technical integrator, the Group is active across the entire production process, handling every aspect from filming though to content delivery.
As the European industry leader, Euro Media Group is present in 7 countries: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, UK, Switzerland and Italy.