VGTV Sets New World Record
The production was done using 5 Panasonic AG-HPX371 cameras with full studio remote packs. Several AG-HPX250 were also in action and used mainly as roaming cameras to capture audience reactions and background material.
"During the more than 30 hours the broadcast lasted, we did not experience a single technical problem with the Panasonic cameras. We are very pleased with the performance and especially the operational stability. For us this means that we can safely put them to use in challenging productions without worries” says chief technology officer of VGTV, Pål Hansen.
"After beating the previous world record by nearly 4 hours, we can now get some well-deserved sleep - knowing that at least it is not worrying about the equipment that gives us sleepless nights…"
About the Panasonic AG-HPX371 Camera Recorder
• Full F10*1 Sensitivity from a Newly Developed MOS Image Sensor. High-Quality Images High-quality, lightweight, mobile, compact body
• 1/3 type MOS sensor for full-HD (1920 x 1080)
• Fujinon 1/3 type 17x zoom lens (included)
• Chromatic Aberration Compensation (CAC) function
• Recording format: AVC-Intra 100, AVC-Intra 50 and DVCPRO HD
• SD multi-codec recording in DVCPRO 50/DVCPRO/DV
About the Panasonic AG-HPX250 Camera Recorder
• Progressive-compatible U.L.T. (Ultra Luminance Technology) image sensor (1/3-type 2.2-megapixel 3MOS sensor
• 22x Zoom Lens with Wide Coverage from Wide-Angle to Telephoto
• Full P2HD Image Quality with AVC-Intra Codec Recording
• High-End Operation with Multi-Camera Synchronizing and VFR Recording
• 4-position (clear, 1/4 ND, 1/16 ND, 1/64 ND) optical neutral density filter wheel
The AG-HPX250 Memory Card Camera Recorder is a new handheld model for Panasonic's broadcasting and professional P2HD Series. Incorporating new technology in the lens, camera section and recorder section, this compact unit offers a level of performance that approaches full-size, shoulder-type broadcasting camera recorders. It's also the first handheld model to support AVC-Intra codecs.
Combined with the high-sensitivity, low-noise, 1/3-type 2.2-megapixel U.L.T. (Ultra Luminance Technology) 3MOS image sensor, it enables high-quality recording of Full-HD (1920 x 1080), 10 bit, 4:2:2 full sample broadcast-level images. In addition to covering a wide range, from wide-angle to telephoto, the lens is provided with three rings - a cam-type zoom ring, a focus ring and an iris ring - for the same kind of manual operation that you get with interchangeable lenses.
The AG-HPX250 also features GENLOCK input and TC input/output for synchronizing multiple cameras. Together with HD SDI output, this provides smooth operation in a live relay and recording system for multi-camera broadcasting and production work. A variable frame rate (VFR) function for slow-motion and quick-motion images, and a cine-like gamma setting also bring versatile expression to all kinds of image production. This stunning image quality, operating ease and handheld camera mobility work together to open a new dimension in news gathering and image recording.