Tokyo-Based ALAMODE Live Streams and Records Web Content With AJA HELO
Following a surge in client demand for live streaming to connect with audiences and virtualize events during the global COVID-19 shutdown, ALAMODE introduced HELO into the studio’s workflow in March 2019. During production, HELO is used for live streaming to a range of CDNs, including Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Twitter and others, while simultaneously recording content to affordable SD cards and off-the-shelf USB storage drives. Ancillary recorded versions are used as archives for live streams, backup versions for clients and lightly compressed video capture to be edited and repackaged for web broadcast at a later time. For in-studio shoots, video is captured via three Sony professional cameras and two high-end microphones, and all video and audio feeds are routed to a Roland mixer, then output to HELO.
HELO has proven essential in automating ALAMODE’s streaming workflow, helping the team both reduce operating costs and function more efficiently with minimal staff. HELO also streamlines immediate client delivery of H.264 files, an ideal capture codec that offers high quality imagery and compact sizes for simple sharing, high-quality compression and compatibility with any PC or device.
- Portable, stand-alone 3G-SDI and HDMI source inputs
- Encode up to 1080p 60 in H.264/MPEG-4
- 2-Channel stereo audio encoded up to 24-bit 48kHz
- Data rates from 32kbps to 256kbps in MPEG-4
- Record to SD, SDHC or SDXC cards, USB storage, NFS, CIFS, or SMB
- USB Slot and SD card slot
- Video input and output 3G-SDI, SMPTE-259/292/296/424, 10-bit, Single Link 4:2:2, 4:4:4, BNC and HDMI
- Support for RTP/RTSP, RTMP, RTMPs, HLS, and Unicast
- AV Mute with user graphics upload support for pre-live feeds
- Error logging for quick analysis of streaming issues
- WebUI Regionalization for Chinese, Japanese and Korean
- Web based GUI preview window
AJA’s HELO allows users to simultaneously stream video signals to Web Content Delivery Networks while encoding and recording H.264 files to SD cards, USB storage or network-based storage with the push of a button. Supporting a range of professional workflows, the H.264 streaming, recording and encoding device includes 3G-SDI and HDMI inputs and outputs and the power to handle up to 1080p recording formats among other features.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high quality, cost effective products to the professional broadcast, video and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world.