Super Seminar Line-Up at the Production Show 2012
Visitors will be presented with over 50 free to attend, high quality seminars offering great practical information and advice to content producers, with topics covering the many facets of production.
Here are just some of the highlights:
· Elliot Grove, Founder of Raindance Film Festival and the BIFA Awards, will give a short version of the 99 Minute Film School, providing dozens of useful tips on getting a film made.
· Doug Allen, DP on the BBC’s acclaimed Frozen Planet and Planet Earth series, will share his experiences of keeping his equipment, and himself, functioning in extreme conditions.
· Invaluable advice will be offered from industry bodies. BAFTA will present unmissable Masterclasses on cinematography and visual effects; Directors UK will provide advice about protecting directors’ rights; BECTU examines how new entrants to the industry can avoid exploitation; and Women in Film & TV gives strategies for survival in a freelance world.
· BAFTA award-winning make-up artist Shauna Harrison, who has worked on Doctor Who, The Lost World and Tumbledown to name but three, will share some tricks of the trade when it comes to special effects make-up.
· Danny Fenton of ZigZag Productions will give real-world tips on how to win fly-on-the-wall commissions.
· Audio Network Composers will provide a host of helpful hints for Music in Production.
Other sessions include tips on securing film finance, shooting low budget music videos and the future of the ‘virtual production company’. TPS will also feature many exhibitors essential to anyone involved in the creation of film, commercials, music videos, TV, documentaries, drama and more, many of whom only exhibit at this show.
Free registration is available at www.theproductionshow.co.uk/register using Priority Code ETPR1. For more information on all aspects of TPS, including details of all the seminars, visit www.theproductionshow.co.uk Get up-to-the-minute news at twitter.com/bvexpo