Sony unveils products, solutions and workflows
- Two SDI-IP converter boards (NXLK-IP50Y and NXLK-IP51Y) - Sony continues to actively invest in IP-based solutions by launching two new SDI-IP converter boards, NXLK-IP50Y and NXLK-IP51Y, offering support for SMPTE ST 2110 standards with HDR compatibility and, the latter, also supporting 12G-SDI.
Live Element Orchestrator
- UWP-D series - Sony is announcing a new series of wireless microphone systems offering superior sound quality and support for Multi Interface (MI) shoe with Digital Audio Interface. The new UWP-D series (UWP-D21 / UWP-D22 / UWP-D26) delivers high sound quality with low noise, seamless integration with a number of Sony’s XDCAM camcorders and enables direct digital audio recording on cameras in combination with a new, separately-sold SMAD-P5 MI shoe adaptor by skipping the D/A and A/D process.
- HXR-MC88 camcorder - Sony is announcing the latest addition to its line-up of cost-effective handheld camcorders, allowing creatives to shoot high-quality content wherever and however they want. The HXR-MC88 is an entry-level HD palm-sized camcorder with Fast Hybrid Autofocus, ideally-suited for content creation in schools and corporate environments, offering high picture quality with straightforward operation.
- BRC-X400 PTZ camera - Sony is announcing a new 4K PTZ camera offering enhanced IP streaming. It will deliver high picture quality thanks to a 1/2.5 type Exmor R CMOS sensor 4K/30p and will allow 30x zoom (4K) and 40x Zoom (HD) with Clear Image Zoom and 20x Optical Zoom.
- HDC-5500 4K HDR system camera and HDCU-5500 camera control unit - Sony is introducing the latest addition to its HDC family of 4K live system camera: the HDC-5500, a new multi-format live camera capable of direct 4K signal output in 12G-SDI. It has the world’s first 2/3-inch 4K global shutter with three CMOS sensors that ensure superb image quality in HD, 4K and HDR live production. This is used with the latest 19-inch 3U half rack size camera control unit, HDCU-5500 which provides both 12G-SDI 4K output interface and IP interfaces with support for SMPTE ST 2110 standards and NMOS IS-04/05 by hardware option.
- CBK-FS7BK / LA-EB1 for PXW-FS7 and PXW-FS7 II - Sony is further optimising its popular PXW-FS7 and PXW-FS7 II XDCAM camcorders for news gathering by introducing a new ENG-style build-up kit (CBK-FS7BK) and a B4 lens to E-mount adapter (LA-EB1). The build-up kit enables extended shoulder mount usage making the camcorders ideal for further applications from news production, such as documentaries. Combined with the new lens mount adapter, both E-mount and B4 lens assets can be used on either an FS7 or FS7 II, allowing users to capture images with deep and shallow Depth of Field (DoF) – all with a single camera.