Renegade Labs showcasing new M16 Digital Edit Suite Audio Mixer at NAB2010
The M16 communicates to any edit controller with ESAM II protocol via RS-422 ports
“By pairing the sophisticated M Series 16-fader panel with the stand-alone 3RU 328|MXE chassis,” offers Keith Knudsen, Renegade Labs co-founder/VP of sales and marketing manager, “the M16 Digital Audio Mixer takes edit-suite audio mixing to a new level. Designed for edit system control in linear edit suites, the M16 communicates to any edit controller with ESAM II protocol via RS-422 ports. Video-centric operation is enhanced by separate rows of buttons for Program or Preset assignment of audio to the faders, along with an edit system-controlled preview switcher. The Auto To/From feature allows access to all 32 inputs under edit control, thereby eliminating the need to switch banks or recall registers during edits to access more inputs.” The control panel can be either rack-mounted (8 RU) or used in tabletop mode.
Precision optical encoders along with soft-buttons provide flexible control of mixer operations. A 240x64 status LCD shows mixer status information and handles system setup. An optional 640x240 color LCD provides detailed metering in PPM, VU, K-Meter and Surround Sound, with peak and phase indication. A USB port handles register storage and software upgrades.
Stand-out features include
• Full eight-channel monitoring, including configurable matrix with Surround Sound modes and stereo Downmix.
• Built-in Preview Switcher allows for monitoring of Record machine without tying up faders.
• 16-button keypad matrix offers simple control of input assignments, output routing, monitor configurations and memory registers.
• 16 Video Frames of Audio Delay are available to fix even the toughest of A/V sync problems
• 100 mm faders along with unity LEDs for smooth and precise level adjustments.
• Dedicated pan pots for easy output panning.
• Program and Preset busses provide video centric operations.
About The Company
Team Renegade enjoyed the benefit of working together for over a decade before creating this new company. As part of the Emmy® Award-winning Graham-Patten Systems team, each of the Renegade founders gained extensive knowledge and experience in designing, building, testing, selling and supporting industry-leading products for the video professional worldwide. Renegade Labs has taken this experience, applied new technologies, added a keen desire to create products that our customers want and need, and threw in a bit of renegade-styled energy. The result is the creation of a family of high quality products we hope you will rely on for years to come.