Preview: Danmon Systems Group at IBC 2011
DSG is one of the world's most experienced providers of systems integration support to television and radio broadcasters, postproduction houses and professional audio studios, as well as the corporate, academic and government sectors. DSG's fields of activity include every aspect of broadcast and electronic media technology, from consultancy to production and postproduction, transmission and archiving, encompassing video, audio, graphics, streaming, audio visual and multimedia applications.
The Dan Technologies Systems Integration Division covers a wide spectrum of operations ranging from designing, installing and commissioning studios, playout centres, news-rooms and satellite systems to providing the complete infrastructure of television and radio stations for major broadcasters and service providers worldwide. The Systems Integration Division operates internationally from offices in Scandinavia, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
“As a broadcast systems integrator, Danmon Systems Group attends IBC primarily to promote its broad range of technical services,” comments DSG Deputy Managing Director Peter Thomsen. “The show is a useful venue for discussing with new and existing clients their operational requirements in today’s expanding media markets and how to benefit from the latest technical advances. We also have the opportunity of talking to potential suppliers about their newest exhibits and their evolving technical strategies. Round-the-clock dependability is essential to every broadcaster. We take great pride in not just getting our clients on air but keeping them there."
DSG has completed many successful projects over more than 25 years. These range in size from the comparatively modest to the extremely large. Recent successes include:
* Designing, constructing and complete turnkey delivery of regional TV stations in Vietnam, including extensive on-site technical and journalistic training.
* Equipping and installing radio station in Ethiopia. Reliability together with ease of operation and maintenance were key objectives.
* Developing and installing robotic camera system for TV2 News, Teglholm, Copenhagen, including HD/SD cameras with optical fibre signal feed, pan/tilt/lens control, motorised pedestal and attached prompter. Also a dual routing matrix with 18 user stations, integrating graphics workstations and greatly extending the channel's 24/7 news operations.
* HD upgrade of production systems for ATG Kanal 75, Sweden. The first phase of this project, already completed, included a new multi-format router, a new router control system and new HD infrastructure. On the audio side, the project encompasses the implementation of a new communication system and new fibre ring infrastructure.
* Master control and playout facilities, television and music production studios, decentralised production facilities and OB facilities for one of Europe's largest public-service broadcasters.
* Designing and installing an IP-based remote-controlled-camera production system at seven regional sites for a major Scandinavian broadcaster.
DSG representatives attending IBC2011 will include:
Peter Thomson (Deputy Managing Director)
Søren Bruun (Operations Manager)
Karsten Grunnet (Media Sales Director)
Per Goschebart (Broadcast Sales Manager)
Bjarne Pedersen (Systems Sales Director)