Preview: Danmon Systems Group at IBC 2010
"IBC 2010 comes at a pivotal time in the expansion of television and radio broadcasting," states DSG Managing Director Henning Brønnum. "Content capture is becoming easier than ever thanks to the availability of high-quality ultra-compact camcorders capturing file-based video and audio on solid-state memory. Further into the system, increasingly advanced metadata handling along with greater monitoring flexibility are bringing great advantages in terms of operational efficiency, enabling more channels to be handled without a corresponding increase in personnel. The switchover from analogue to digital SD delivery is being followed in many countries by the introduction of HD channels, with consequent challenges for infrastructure and file-based workflows. Our primary role at IBC will be to discuss with existing and potential clients the best solutions to meet their requirements as the industry progresses into HD, 3G and 3D."
DSG has completed successful projects over many years. These range in size from the comparatively modest to the extremely large. They include:
* Designing, constructing and commissioning a flyaway-based master control-room for use by TV 2|DANMARK and Scandinavian broadcasters at World Cup 2010 in South Africa.
* Designing, constructing and installing three complete turnkey TV stations in Vietnam, including extensive on-site technical and journalistic training.
* Designing, constructing and commissioning containerised radio production and broadcast systems for operations in Haiti, Ethiopia and Ivory Coast.
* HD expansion project for Kanal 75, Stockholm Sweden
* In partnership with TV 2|DANMARK and East Productions, providing Host Broadcaster infrastructure at the December 2009 meeting of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP15) in Copenhagen.
* Designing, installing and commissioning a television news production system for TV2/Nord.
DSG is part of Dan Technologies' Systems Integration Division which also comprises ATG Broadcast and Hiltron Communications. The Systems Integration Division has more than 50 staff operating internationally from offices in Denmark, Germany, the United Kingdom and Vietnam.
Danmon Systems Group representative attending IBC2010
Henning Brønnum, Managing Director
Peter Thomsen, Assistant Managing Director
Søren Bruun, Operations Manager
Bjarne Pedersen, System Sales Director
Karsten Grunnet, Sales Manager
Per Goschebart, Sales Manager