NewTek Showcases All IP Production Tour de Force at NAB2018
“NewTek have long believed that the future of video production is based on software, computers, and networks, and we’ve based the last 15 years of our R&D on building products to this vision,” said Dr. Andrew Cross, president and CTO of NewTek. “These announcements, new products, and the leap towards virtualized control rooms were nearly unthinkable a short time ago. Because we are completely software-based, NewTek is the only major live production solution capable of being virtualized today. Combine that with our leadership position in IP video, including NDI® and SMPTE ST 2110 support and these announcements we are making at NAB 2018, you have the most cutting-edge solutions for broadcasters looking to streamline their operations and for new users looking to becoming broadcasters.”
NewTek Product & Technology Announcements at NAB 2018:
- NewTek LiveGraphics™
- A new paradigm in video graphics – create in Adobe® Photoshop® and animate in After Effects®, then output in 10 channels of UHD graphics in real-time on TriCaster® TC1 and NewTek IP Series live production systems
- NewTek NC1 Studio I/O IP Module
- 4-channel SMPTE ST 2110 connectivity for TriCaster TC1 and NewTek IP Series
- NewTek Connect Spark™ Pro
- World’s first 4K UHD portable NDI converter with near-zero latency and HD/SD support
- NewTek Remote Storage – Powered by SNS
- High-capacity, high-performance, best-of-breed systems with 4 channels of direct NDI® streaming & integrated MAM; 3 varieties of desktop and rack-mounted models available
- NewTek Virtualized Products (NVP) – Introducing live production in a virtualized IP environment
- See the NewTek IP Series - NVP demo at Cisco Booth #SU8502CM
- NewTek NDI Announcements
- New Adoptions – hundreds of companies are announcing and showing NDI products, with major new announcements including NDI for Skype by Microsoft and NDI for Avid Media Composer
- New & Improved NDI Tools – NDI Scan Converter 2 with vastly improved image quality at full 60Hz; NDI Studio Monitor with many improvements for signage applications, web control and more
- NDI Version 3.5 – Massive optimizations for performance, network connectivity, and discovery, including UDP with FEC (unicast & multicast), plus reference FPGA hardware implementation coming soon
- NewTek Premium Access Subscription Program
- Includes access to: LiveGraphics, LivePanel™, Advanced Audio I/O, NDI KVM, Virtual PTZ, Virtual Set Library, and more
- TriCaster TC1 and NewTek IP Series FREE software upgrade
- A vast array of new features and enhancements
Pricing & Availability
NewTek Premium Access will be available beginning in Q3 for the limited time special introductory subscription price of $99 per month, or $1,149 per year. NewTek LiveGraphics will be available as part of the Premium Access subscription plan in Q3. NewTek NC1 Studio I/O IP Module will be available in Q3 at $14,995 U.S. MSRP. NewTek Connect Spark Pro will be available in Q3 at $995 U.S. MSRP. NewTek Remote Storage – Powered by SNS will be available in Q3 with prices starting at $7,995 U.S. MSRP. International pricing will vary.
NewTek integration with Viz Mosart will be available in Viz Mosart version 4.1, scheduled for release in Q3 2018. Contact Vizrt for appropriate Mosart pricing.
As the leader in IP video technology, NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications, to virtually any place people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses faster than ever before.
Clients include: New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and more than 80% of the U.S. Fortune 100.
NDI is in use on millions of devices and allows multiple video systems to identify and communicate with one another over IP. NDI can encode, transmit and receive many streams of high quality, low latency, frame-accurate video and audio in real time. This benefits any network-connected video device, including video mixers, graphics systems, capture cards, and many other production devices. This makes it possible to exponentially increase the number of sources available for live production switching, without directly attaching to devices, changing locations, or investing in expensive, high-bandwidth networks that simply replace SDI-based workflows. #NDIcentral