Matrox Adds Exciting New Features to Convert DVI Plus HD-SDI Scan Converter
New features make Matrox Convert DVI Plus even simpler and more convenient to use. Automatic input detection is particularly important for A/V integrators who might regularly deal with a variety of input devices in the course of their work. Now any computer running at any resolution can be connected at the input, and Matrox Convert DVI will automatically output at the desired, preprogrammed resolution.
The graphic overlay feature lets users add a custom logo or graphic to Convert DVI’s output. For example, any PNG or TGA file can be displayed over a YouTube video, a Skype conversation, or a Google Earth map. Snap-to-window support enables users to automatically position the region-of-interest to output any window or element within an application or website, such as a YouTube video.
“Since its launch in September 2009, the Matrox Convert DVI family of scan converters has proven to be a reliable, cost-effective solution for broadcasters and A/V integrators worldwide," said Charles P. Amyot, product manager at Matrox. "We have listened to feedback from our customers, and with this new release of Convert DVI Plus, we have continued the Matrox tradition of adding value throughout the life of our products."
Matrox Convert DVI products will be demonstrated at the 2012 NAB Show in booth SL5115.
Key features of Matrox Convert DVI Plus
· DVI-D input up to 1920 x 1200· Digital outputs: HD/SD-SDI
· Analog outputs: HD/SD analog component, S-Video, and composite
· SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level genlock with timing offset controls
· Simultaneous analog and digital video output
· Stereo audio input can be embedded into the SDI output signal
· Realtime hardware upscaling and downscaling with proper color space and aspect ratio conversion
· Region-of-interest support including scaling, positioning, and panning with realtime output update
· Background color selection including super black and super white for downstream keying applications
· Ability to operate as a stand-alone appliance
· Advanced features such as an anti-flicker filter, customizable presets, password protection, SD pixel aspect ratio compensation, automatic input detection, graphic overlay, and snap-to-window support
· Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Price and availability
Matrox Convert DVI Plus, priced at $1,495 US (£1,049, €1,299), not including local taxes, is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Software release 4.0 for Windows® is available to registered owners as a free download from the Matrox website. Software release 1.0.1 for Mac®, which adds the input detection feature, is also available.