Lawo to demonstrate vsmSOUL for Broadcast IP Networks
vsmSOUL provides the central service for stream routing and resource management across single-switch, spine-leaf, or mesh network infrastructures. Through vsmStudio, it provides a unified northbound matrix representation of the network towards an overall control system. Using standardized or vendor-specific APIs, vsmSOUL accesses switches and network components, including encoding and decoding devices, cameras, multiviewers, processors, switchers, consoles, etc, to directly control the generation, registration, routing and monitoring of streams.
It follows industry specifications like NMOS to utilize devices. In addition, proprietary interfaces are used to achieve a more sophisticated control over edge devices.
- Ember+ northbound abstraction of the network.
- Switch-API support southbound, with access to multicast routing.
- Full Layer 3 compatibility.
- Agnostic to various switching mechanisms.
- Supported switching modes: Patching, Destination (make-before-break, break-before-make…) and Source Timed Switching (hardware dependent, e.g. Lawo V__matrix).
- Compatible with NMOS 1.0 (and higher), SMPTE 2022-6, 2022-7, 2110, AES67, RAVENNA.
- Intuitive configuration GUI for fast configuration, template support, browser-based setup.
- Perfect integration with Lawo V__ units.
Lawo designs and manufactures pioneering network, control, audio and video technology for broadcast and post production, as well as live performance and theatrical applications. Products include control and monitoring systems, digital audio mixing consoles, routers, video processing tools as well as solutions for IP-based A/V infrastructures and routing systems. All products are developed in Germany and manufactured according to highest quality standards at the company’s headquarters in the Rhine valley town of Rastatt, Germany.