Grass Valley at IBC 2016
“IBC this year marked a real change in the way we are presenting our solutions to the market. It’s all about supporting open standards and putting together integrated solutions that address the demand for new types of content for new channels,” explained Marco Lopez, president, Grass Valley. “From the higher expectations viewers have for live productions or the demand for real-time news to the shift toward IP-based workflows, our customers are facing a number of challenges. We are at IBC to show them how they can turn those challenges into lucrative opportunities.”
Live production, arguably one of the most demanding yet profitable segments of broadcasting, requires an open, flexible workflow that is capable of creating content in different formats—sometimes at the same time. From capture to replay to delivery, live production represents a growing opportunity around the world for companies with the right equipment and infrastructure. Grass Valley, is a leader in live production, offering a full range of integrated solutions that help content owners and broadcasters create, control and connect content to the right audience at the right time.
“You only get one chance to make an impression with a live event, so it’s absolutely necessary to get it right the first time,” said Neerav Shah, senior vice president of strategic marketing, Grass Valley. “Viewers expect to see all the action in crisp images and vibrant colors, they want to see highlights and replays from every angle, they have no patience for interruptions in the signal. The portfolio we offer, optimized for the most demanding live productions, gives broadcasters the flexibility to tackle any project.”
Some of the newest live production solutions IBC visitors will see from Grass Valley include:
· Native 4K or native HD image capture with new imagers in the LDX 86N Series Cameras—4K with the highest resolution or HD without the typical downsides of 4K acquisition such as rolling shutter or decreased sensitivity
· Direct IP interface for the LDX Series cameras enables a direct connection to COTS switches on an IP network that greatly simplifies remote production over IP
· Extended Dynamic Range for LDX Series cameras with 15 F-stops of dynamic range for more lifelike highlights, better color rendition and high contrast without compromise, available with the GV-eLicense
· K2 Dyno Universe Replay System, fully 6X and 4K/UHD switchable, with simultaneous support for IP and SDI for more flexible replay and the smallest footprint available for 4K replay
· GV Korona K-Frame S-series Production Switcher with a smaller footprint for studio, mobile and venue environments and the ability to connect any switcher panel to any K-Frame system
· User-friendly 4K/UHD support across all K-Frame systems in either “quad” or 2SI mode for 4M/Es
Live production continues to advance and Grass Valley provides a format-flexible approach that helps broadcasters be ready for anything. Designed to reduce complexity while increasing efficiency, the company’s live production solutions capitalize on the latest technology and the decades of experience in the market.
Shah concluded, “Nothing is quite as compelling as a live event, but the stakes are high. Live is critical to our customers—it’s one of the best ways they have to command an audience and capitalize financially. Grass Valley customers trust us to power those productions with innovative, dependable solutions that grow as they grow and keep them on the cutting edge.”
About Grass Valley
Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, keeps broadcasters, content owners and service providers Future-Ready as they navigate the changing landscape of television. With the most comprehensive collection of workflow solutions in the industry, Grass Valley delivers end-to-end television production and content distribution workflows, combined with expert consultation and insight that lead to sustainable success. Grass Valley, headquartered in Montreal, is part of St. Louis-based Belden Inc. Belden delivers a comprehensive product portfolio designed to meet the mission-critical network infrastructure needs of industrial, enterprise and broadcast markets. With innovative solutions targeted at reliable and secure transmission of rapidly growing amounts of data, audio and video needed for today's applications, Belden is at the center of the global transformation to a connected world.