Clear-Com Introduces Eclipse HX
The Eclipse HX systems, comprising the Eclipse HX-Omega, Eclipse HX-Median and Eclipse HX-PiCo, as well as the EHX software, are based on the original, powerful and comprehensive Eclipse digital matrix platform. All retain the legacy platform’s unique integration capabilities. Additionally, Clear-Com’s V-Series panels, frame cards and interfaces are compatible with the new Eclipse HX range, providing a seamless logical upgrade path for existing Eclipse customers. What sets Eclipse HX apart from the original Eclipse line are improvements in the software architecture, user interface and system capacity.
“We are very pleased to introduce the new Eclipse HX systems and EHX software at IBC,” says Peter Stallard, Senior Product Manager, Eclipse, Clear-Com. “In broadcast facilities where matrix intercom systems and resources are often shared across multiple studios, having fast and highly intuitive systems is critical when scarce engineering resources are needed to execute system-wide changes reliably, in real-time and with minimal impact on system users. Also, the Eclipse HX systems have the ability to make changes on the fly, which is especially important in OB vans and other live operations.”
Improved system performance and resource utilization for executing EHX software configuration changes in real time.
· Clear-Com has designed the EHX software for faster processing of configuration and routing cards. This optimizes system performance and speed.
An intuitive user interface and easier setup operations for a better, simplified user experience.
· New “Matrix Ports and Cards” screen for a more efficient setup process.
· New “Resource Chart” to display utilization level of system resources.
· Improved user-panel setup for easy drag-and-drop operation.
· Easier-to-use single-frame operation for an individual user.
· Easier-to-read fonts and vertical-font displays on V-Series key panels.
· User rights features for identifying user types and providing system access control to protect against inadvertent changes.
· Color tallies as indicators for IFB and telephone-assigned keys.
· New “Online Help” feature provides context-sensitive help within software.
Space saving and expanded system capacity.
· Eclipse HX-Omega and Eclipse HX-Median matrix port density has increased to more than 448 ports per 6RU frame, the highest density intercom matrices on the market.
· PiCo-Link provides intelligent audio linking between co-located Eclipse HX-PiCos to resources in just 2RU.
· System features split-mode operation for E-Que cards, making them more efficient when users want to use both E1/T1 trunks and FreeSpeak.
· MADI channels can be used for intelligent trunking.
· Logic Maestro and client-server mode have been bundled with the EHX Software.
Clear-Com Ships BroaMan's Divine V3R-FX-ICOM-SDI to Broadcast Market
Clear-Com® has expanded its partnership with Optocore/BroaMan and will now distribute the new BroaMan DiViNe V3R-FX-ICOM-SDI. Set to be unveiled to the broadcast market for the first time at IBC 2012 (Clear-Com Stand 10.D29a), the new BroaMan DiViNe V3R-FX-ICOMSDI is ideal for any setup that requires multiple feeds of high-quality audio, video, data and intercom.
The DiViNe V3R-FX-ICOM-SDI provides scalable, protocol-independent routing, repeating, transport and distribution of multiple signals over optical fiber and is equipped with (four) four-wire RJ45 matrix ports and (four) four-wire RJ45 panel ports. This ensures that either matrices or intercom panels can be connected to the unit using standard CAT cables. Users can send audio and control data from Clear-Com key panels or matrices transparently through the optical network. The unit is capable of housing up to six SD/HD/3G-SDI coaxial video inputs, or outputs that are converted to and from single-mode DiViNe optical fiber links.
“We are happy to partner with Optocore once again to bring further connectivity options to our users,” says Simon Browne, Director of Product Management, Clear-Com. “With the DiViNe V3R-FX-ICOM-SDI, professional broadcasters handling large remote events can cost-effectively and efficiently distribute a lot of video, audio, intercom and data signals in a reliable and scalable way.”
In addition to the DiViNe V3R-FX-ICOM-SDI, Clear-Com also distributes the Optocore V3R-FX-INTERCOM and Optocore X6R-FX-INTERCOM interfaces. All products are available for shipment today.
Clear-Com, an HME company, is a global provider in professional voice communications systems since 1968. We develop and market proven intercom technologies such as Analogue and Digital Partyline, Digital Matrix, Wireless and Intercom-over-IP systems for critical communication applications in broadcast, performance venues, military, government and enterprise markets. Recognized for our legacy of intercom innovations, production teams around the world have come to depend on Clear-Com for clear, reliable and scalable communications solutions.