ArKaos PRO at Prolight + Sound 2014
Newly presented at Prolight + Sound is MediaMaster 4.0, the latest and ever-more powerful version of ArKaos PRO’s media server software. MediaMaster 4.0 brings more flexible protection via an optional dongle and many additional features, yet retains the simplicity of operation familiar to its users.
A completely redesigned licensing system allows the user to register and deregister any machine remotely from their own account so MediaMaster 4.0 is not restricted to use on only one machine.
MediaMaster 4.0’s long list of new features includes new aspect ratio and cropping tools, new Hue, Saturation and Lightness tools, layer-based volume control and a redesigned interface.
The addition of a new Video Optimizer and Video Mapper means visuals can all be corrected, blended and mapped within the same application. The Video Optimizer makes wrongly-used codecs or bad settings during re-encoding a thing of the past as it automatically re-encodes all visuals to mpeg format, even up to 4k and 8k files. The new Video Mapper offers integrated Geometrical Correct and Edge Blending functions to enhance the professional appearance of the final output.
ArKaos PRO MediaMaster 4.0
• Powerful, fast and easy to use
• New licensing system with online activation and deactivation
• Extended fixture profile with over 70 parameters per layer
• New Hue, Saturation, Lightness, Cropping, Aspect Ratio tools
• New layer-based volume control, sound balance, pause function
• New Video Mapper with Grouping, Geometrical Correction, Edge Blending
• New Video Optimizer
• Optional dongle license
Also new for the show is LEDMaster, an all-in-one solution delivering LEDshow control in three easy steps. Just map, programme and playback. LEDMaster’s simplicity brings fast and easy control of LED light shows within the reach of everyone.
Designed to work in conjunction with ArKaos PRO’s Kling-Net protocol, LEDMaster automatically recognises and configures any Kling-Net LED device to make it ready for mapping. Through Kling-Net, the device’s resolution and pixel format is sent to the LEDMaster which is then able to read and change parameters.
Scenes can be created by importing visuals from the user’s own library, or with the new innovative Live Pattern Generator. This new function creates hard-edged visuals based on video frames mapped by the user onto the LEDMaster’s display.
The Timeline based function gives the choice of pre-programming or live running of the show. Scenes can be triggered live, automatically, random or sequentially, while the Easy Beat Detection feature ensures every look will be unique with no repetition throughout the show.
ArKaos PRO LEDMaster
• Fast and easy LED show control
• Auto-configuration allows control of a large range of devices from just one Media Server
• Zone feature creates virtual groups of devices
• Live Pattern Generator
• Timeline based control option
• Easy Beat Detection randomiser
• Kling-Net protocol for easy set up and operation
• Video playback at smooth 60fps
To see these products in action, visit the ArKaos PRO stand (Hall 11.0, Stand B50) at Prolight + Sound, Frankfurt (12-15 March, 2014)