AJA Releases BRIDGE LIVE v1.12 with New NDI® and HLS Compatibility
Whether facilitating remote production, two-way interviews, live event streaming, multi-cam backhaul, field contribution, program return, confidence monitoring, collaborative production, or ABR ladder profiles to hand-off for OTT packaging, BRIDGE LIVE v1.12 delivers powerful new functionality. Bi-directional NDI support makes it easy to encode SDI inputs for NDI output to the network and/or to receive NDI for outputting SDI. The ability to also transcode IP Video Streams to NDI and/or transcode NDI Inputs to IP Video Streams enables a host of new workflow possibilities. For example, BRIDGE LIVE can now sit at the edge of an NDI event or facility network, enabling professionals to transport outbound NDI video as a streamable format, and/or return the stream to NDI for use at a remote NDI production destination.
BRIDGE LIVE v1.12 feature highlights include:
- Bi-directional NDI-SDI conversion:
- Receive NDI and decode to SDI
- Input and encode SDI to NDI
- Bi-directional NDI-IP Video Streams conversion:
- Receive NDI and transcode to IP Video Streams (i.e., H.265, H.264)
- Receive IP Video Streams (i.e., H.265, H.264) and transcode to NDI
- Integrate remote NDI and non-NDI equipment/facilities via RTP/UDP/SRT
- Tap directly into the NDI network and provide a conduit to CDNs or other delivery mechanisms
- HLS Output (HD): Input SDI sources and IP Video Streams into BRIDGE LIVE and encode them for sharing to widely used devices and software, or via remote screening to iOS and iPadOS devices via HLS
- Video Preview: With support for Video Preview thumbnails now available in the BRIDGE LIVE GUI for SDI Inputs, receive visual confirmation for correct SDI input/content encoding, even if unable to “go live” to check the content for security
- UX improvements: Explore more intuitive pipeline configuration and options such as “start detecting input” and “set as input” buttons, and enhanced responsiveness
- A new Factory Reset method: An alternative and rapid method to access factory reset directly from the boot menu
“BRIDGE LIVE v1.12 marks AJA’s second major software update for the device since launching the product less than a year ago and addresses key customer feature requests to streamline operations and provide greater workflow flexibility in the field,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “This is our first NDI-enabled product, and we couldn’t be more excited to bring the unique capabilities of BRIDGE LIVE to the huge range of NDI users around the world. Bringing bi-directional NDI I/O and HLS output to BRIDGE LIVE offers professionals broader hardware and software integration and a simpler, cost effective alternative to deploying large teams of personnel and resources at remote locations.”
Pricing and Availability
BRIDGE LIVE v1.12 is available now for download from AJA’s website. The latest update comes standard with all newly purchased BRIDGE LIVE units and is also available to existing users with an active maintenance agreement. Customers without a maintenance agreement can access bug fixes within v1.12 but will not receive new feature access. BRIDGE LIVE is available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network starting at $14,995 US MSRP.
About AJA BRIDGE LIVE
Developed in cooperation with IP video software experts Comprimato, BRIDGE LIVE is a turnkey solution built for critical streaming and contribution applications with high performance 12G-SDI video encoding/decoding, stream-based transcoding, comprehensive metadata and closed caption support, all within a compact 1RU form factor with redundant power supplies.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world.