Witbe Launches New Video Quality Solution For 3D Stereoscopic TV
In the search for new revenue streams, operators are moving more premium content such as sporting events and films to 3D format. As subscribers spend more to view premium content, they will demand a higher quality of service. The Witbe 3D TV monitoring system anticipates this need and will offer TV service providers and broadcasters an innovative solution for quality assurance and thereby protecting their revenue streams.
The solution uses active robots that interact with any kind of 3D services: on-demand or live content, including the Set-Top-Box (STB). The Witbe system performs real user's actions and verifies the results onscreen such as:
- Availability of both the left and right 960x1080 images,
- Visual channel changing times,
- Picture quality, based on a subjective Mean Opinion Score (Video Witbe MOS) for each left and right images, as well as the resulting 3D stereoscopic image. It is the only perceptual MOS based on the ITU-R BT.500 recommendation for non-reference video quality analysis for digital TV.
Witbe developed this solution working jointly with industry experts including Cisco, Nagra, Numericable, Panasonic and Sagem, as part of the 3D-HD Alliance group, who specifically promotes high quality in the 3D world.
Witbe will showcase this product at the following trade shows worldwide:
- SCTE CableTech Expo, New Orleans, October 20-22
- IPTV world forum MEA, Dubai, November 2-3
- TelcoTV, Las Vegas, November 9-11
- IPTV world forum Asia, Hong-Kong, November 23-24
Since 2000, Witbe has been developing an innovative approach to measuring the actual end-to-end quality delivered: Quality of Experience (QoE) monitoring. Witbe, headquartered in France and operating in Hong Kong, Singapore, Morocco and New York, serves the major and local operators and broadcasters throughout the world.WITBE