Matrox Announces 4K Output Card for Developers — Matrox DSX LE3 4K
This new 4K output card, in conjunction with the industry-leading Matrox DSX Software Development Kit and 4K codec support for ProRes and XAVC, lets equipment manufacturers create graphics systems, editing solutions and playout servers in native 4K resolutions. At the 2013 NAB Show, leading broadcast equipment supplier Vizrt will preview the breakthrough 4K rendering capability of its Viz Engine using the Matrox DSX LE3 4K card.
"Matrox has been a partner we could count on for many years now," said Gerhard Lang, chief engineering officer at Vizrt. "And now that broadcasters are beginning to look beyond HD to 4K, we expected nothing less from Matrox than to deliver a quality 4K card at the perfect time to allow us to demonstrate the breathtaking content created by the full 4K rendering power of our Viz Engine."
"Matrox is renowned among broadcast equipment manufacturers the world over for being first-to-market with the latest technologies, plus 24/7 hardware reliability, a feature-rich SDK and superior applications engineering support," said Alberto Cieri, senior director of sales and marketing, Matrox. "With the launch of Matrox DSX LE3 4K, we are the first hardware vendor to provide everything needed for full 4K broadcast workflow solutions including ingest, editing, graphics insertion and playout."
Matrox DSX LE3 4K will be showcased at the 2013 NAB Show in the Matrox booth SL4616 and the Vizrt booth SL3305.
Key features of Matrox DSX LE3 4K
· 4K (4096 x 2160), QFHD (3840 x 2160), 2K (2048 x 1080), HD and SD output resolutions
· 60 fps frame rate support, even at 4K resolutions
· Provides full 4K output to drive a Sony PVM-X300 reference monitor
· Can take advantage of the integrated NVIDIA GPUDirect™ SDK to offer low latency and high throughput data transfers at 4K resolution with the NVIDIA Quadro® GPU series
· SD, HD and 3G-SDI connectivity per SMPTE 259, 292 and 424/425M Level A and Level B mapping
· 8- and 10-bit YUV output at all resolutions and frames rates
· 16 channels of SDI embedded audio support
· Bi-level and tri-level genlock input
· Five full-size BNC connectors directly on the card bracket
· Support for 4K ProRes and XAVC software codecs
· Extensive native codec support in HD and SD
· Cross platform file format support—MXF, MOV, AVI and MPG
· Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
Matrox DSX LE3 4K is available to developers now. Developers may obtain more information about Matrox DSX LE3 4K by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vizrt provides real-time 3D graphics and asset management tools for the broadcast industry—from award-winning animations and maps to online publishing tools. Vizrt's products are used by the world's leading broadcasters and publishing houses including: CNN, CBS, Fox, the BBC, BSkyB, ITN, ZDF, Star TV, Network 18, TV Today, CCTV, NHK, The Globe and Mail, Times Online, The Telegraph and Welt Online. Furthermore, many world-class production houses and corporate institutions such as the Stock Exchanges in New York and London use Vizrt systems. Vizrt is a public company traded on the Oslo Main List: VIZ, ISIN: IL0010838154.
About Matrox Video
Matrox Video is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, streaming, A/V signal conversion, capture/playout servers, channel-in-a box systems and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of multi-screen content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, telcos, cable operators, post-production facilities, videographers and A/V professionals worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada.