LYNX Technik Launches New yellobrik 4K Transmission Solution with Expandability to 8K
The new yellobrik 4K fiber transmission solution (Model: OTR 1442) complements the existing yellobrik 4K fiber solution (Model: OTR 1441). The modules can be used individually for 4K applications or combined to support uncompressed 8K (24G) over a single fiber link.
The LYNX Technik yellobrik 4K fiber transmission system solves the very real problem of transporting real-time, uncompressed 4K and 8K (up to 24G) over long distances with zero signal degradation or loss. It is also suitable for transmitting multiple uncompressed SDI streams. The standalone, self-contained kits includes all the parts needed to send 4K or 8K uncompressed video up to 20km (12 miles) over a single fiber link. The kits include the 4K optical transmitters, 4K optical receivers and power supplies.
The new OTR 1442 4K fiber transmission solution can also be combined with existing yellobrik bi-directional transceivers (OBD 1510 E, OBD 1510 D) to add Ethernet signals or RS232/RS422/RS485 signals to the 4K fiber link.
This system can be used as standalone or mounted onto 19" yellobrik rack trays to build a larger 4K transmission system.
The OTR 1442 yellobrik 4K transmission system can be used to address a variety of signal applications including:
- 4 x SDI (4K 12G) Fiber Transport: This basic configuration is used for transporting up to 4x discreet SDI signals (SD/HD/3G) or it can be used for transporting a 4K (12G) signal over fiber.
- 4 x SDI (4K 12G) Fiber Transport + Ethernet - This configuration transports 4x discreet SDI signals (SD/HD/3G) or 4K (12G). It also adds bi-directional Ethernet from the OBD 1510 E bi-directional transceiver into the same fiber link, via the UPG expansion port.
- 4 x SDI (4K 12G) Fiber Transport + Serial RS 232 + GPI - This configuration transports 4x discreet SDI signals (SD/HD/3G) or 4K (12G). It also adds bi-directional Serial data (RS232/422/485) + GPI from the OBD 1510 D bi-directional transceiver into the same fiber link, via the UPG expansion port.
- 8 x SDI (8K 24G) Fiber Transport - Connecting the OTR 1441 4K transmission solution into the OTR 1442 expansion port will add 4x more SDI channels to the system. This enables the transport of uncompressed 8K (24G) over a single fiber link.
- 8 x SDI (2x 12G) 4K Bi-Directional Fiber Transport - The OTR 1441 and OTR 1442 can be combined to send and receive 4K (12G) over a single fiber link.