Available Today: HDR Image Analyzer and FS-HDR Firmware Update
Fusing AJA’s production-proven video I/O with HDR analysis tools from Colorfront in a compact 1RU chassis, HDR Image Analyzer features a comprehensive toolset for monitoring and analyzing HDR formats including PQ (Perceptual Quantizer) and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) for 4K/UltraHD workflows. HDR Image Analyzer takes in up to 4K sources across 4x 3G-SDI inputs and loops the video out, allowing analysis at any point in the production workflow. Additional feature highlights include:
- -- Support for display referred SDR (Rec.709), HDR ST 2084/PQ and HLG analysis
- -- Support for scene referred ARRI®, Canon®, Panasonic®, RED® and Sony® camera color spaces
- -- Display and color processing look up table (LUT) support
- -- Automatic color space conversion based on the award winning Colorfront Engine™
- -- CIE graph, vectorscope, waveform and histogram support
- -- Nit levels and phase metering
- -- False color mode to easily spot out of gamut/out of brightness pixels
- -- Advanced out of gamut and out of brightness detection with error intolerance
- -- Data analyzer with pixel picker
- -- Line mode to focus a region of interest onto a single horizontal or vertical line
- -- File base error logging with timecode
- -- Reference still store
- -- UltraHD UI for native-resolution picture display
- -- Up to 4K/UltraHD 60p over 4x 3G-SDI inputs, with loop out
- -- SDI auto signal detection
- -- Loop through output to broadcast monitors
- -- Three-year warranty
HDR Image Analyzer is the second technology collaboration between AJA and Colorfront, following the integration of Colorfront Engine into AJA’s FS-HDR real-time HDR/WCG converter. Colorfront has exclusively licensed its Colorfront HDR Image Analyzer software to AJA for HDR Image Analyzer.
Pricing and Availability
HDR Image Analyzer is now available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for $15,995 MSRP. To order or find more information, visit: https://www.aja.com/products/hdr-image-analyzer
AJA Ships FS-HDR v2.6 with New Dynamic LUTs
Grass Valley, CA (December 19, 2018) -- AJA Video Systems has released a free v2.6 firmware update for the FS-HDR real-time HDR and WCG converter/frame-sync, fusing AJA’s production-proven hardware technology with Colorfront Engine™ video and color space processing. FS-HDR v2.6 introduces new Dynamic 3D LUTs, with dynamic LUT support from Pomfort LiveGrade Pro and TV Logic WonderLookPro. FS-HDR v2.6 also brings 8K support with new gang control, and additional new color transformation enhancements.
FS-HDR v2.6 new features include:
- Colorfront Engine support for new HDR output transforms:
- -- S-Log3/BT.2020 Output Dynamic Range and Gamut
- -- ARRI Log C Output Dynamic Range and Gamut
- Updated BBC v1.2 HLG LUTs:
- -- SDR Scene-Referred (SR) to HLG
- -- SDR Display-Referred (DR) to HLG
- -- PQ 1000 nits to HLG
- -- S-Log3 100% to HLG
- -- S-Log3 200% (SR-Live) to HLG
- -- HLG to SDR Display-Referred (DR)
- -- HLG to PQ 1000 nit
- New BBC v1.2 HLG LUTs:
- -- SDR SR up-conversion to HLG
- -- SDR DR up-conversion to HLG
- -- PQ 4000 nits to HLG
- -- HLG to SDR Scene Referred SR
- 3D LUT Uploads:
- -- Upload and store multiple custom 3D.CUBE LUTs to FS-HDR using the web GUI, and user presets to recall. Use custom LUTs with the FS-HDR toolset to provide consistent looks with real-time workflows.
- Ganged Operation of Colorfront Engine parameters with the AJA FS-HDR Control Link app:
- -- Use the free FS-HDR Control Link v1.1 application to gang multiple FS-HDRs on the same network, including four FS-HDRs for 8K workflows. Easily make Colorfront Engine adjustments by implementing parameter changes to one unit that simultaneously apply to all ganged units using FS-HDR’s applications GUI or a Tangent Element Kb twelve knob panel.
- Pomfort LiveGrade Pro and TV Logic WonderLookPro Support for FS-HDR Dynamic 3D LUTs:
- -- FS-HDR v2.6 is ready for integration with Pomfort LiveGrade Pro; the upcoming LiveGrade Pro update will introduce dynamic LUT support for FS-HDR in January. TV Logic WonderLookPro support is available now.
Pricing and Availability
FS-HDR v2.6 firmware is available now as a free download from AJA's support page. FS-HDR is currently available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for $7995 US MSRP. For more information, visit: https://www.aja.com/products/fs-hdr .
FS-HDR is a versatile 1RU, rack-mount universal converter/frame synchronizer for real time HDR transforms as well as 4K/HD up/down/cross conversions. Fusing AJA’s production-proven FS frame synchronization and conversion technology with video and color space processing algorithms from the award-winning Colorfront Engine, FS-HDR matches the real time, low-latency processing and color fidelity demands that broadcast, OTT, post production and ProAV environments require. FS-HDR offers comprehensive signal conversion, and allows users to also convert a range of camera Log formats to HDR broadcast standards as well as to/from BT.2020/BT.709.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.