The SPORTEL International Symposium: OLYMPIC IMPACT
Tuesday 16 October 2012, 10.30-12.30
At the Sportel Monaco Symposium 2012, leaders of the sports media sector will discuss different aspects of London 2012 in three linked sessions.
1. What are the key lessons from London 2012 for both the Olympic Games and other sports properties?
· Have new technologies delivered on their potential?
· How did the online experience offering perform?
· How does Olympic success impact on the wider media prospects ( rights and exposure) of ‘minor’ sports?
2. Has the Paralympic Games finally emerged as a significant global media property?
· What contributed to outstanding domestic audiences?
· How will Paralympic Games rights fees be impacted by the success of London
· The Paralympic Games from an advertiser perspective
· Can the Paralympic Games become compelling viewing outside its established strongholds?
3. How can sports broadcasters most effectively harness the power of social media?
· What was the social media impact at London 2012
· How did broadcasters capture the energy to promote coverage?
· What are the key elements of an effective social media strategy for sports broadcasters?
Speakers: To be announced shortly
Sessions will be moderated by Kevin Roberts, editorial director of SportBusiness Group.