Sky CEO Brian Sullivan to Speak on the Future of the Pay TV Broadcaster
Among the conference highlights counts a presentation by Brian Sullivan (CEO, Sky Deutschland) on the Main Stage at 16:00. The topic: “2.5 years in charge: My experiences with Sky Deutschland and a look into the future”. The situation has improved for the pay TV broadcaster since Brian Sullivan assumed leadership of Sky Deutschland as CEO. Last year, Sky broke the three million subscribers mark, and it is now also close to being back in the black. What’s more, just a few weeks ago, Sky acquired the pay TV rights for live coverage of first and second football Bundesliga matches from the 2013/14 season, thus securing important sports rights for a further four years.
Brian Sullivan is extremely familiar with the pay TV industry, affording over 20 years of professional experience in the USA and Europe. The American is to now use the SPONSORs Sports Media Summit being held in the ISS Dome to speak of his experiences at the pay TV broadcaster, and to share insight into Sky’s future plans.
- “The DOSB as a stepping stone: The sports associations’ battle for media coverage” – Keynote: Raoul Hess (Managing Director, DOSB New Media); Discussion: Dr. Clemens Prokop (President, German Athletics Association), Michael Amsinck (Managing Director, SportA)
- “How the ‘Big Bang’ in the sports business industry changed the market” – Presentation: Jürgen Lenz (founding member, Team Marketing, and one of the founders of the UEFA Champions League)
- “Sport & TV” forum: “From personal live conferences to interactive fan voting: How does the future of sports TV look?” – Presentation: Dr. Henning Stiegenroth (Head of Sports Marketing, Deutsche Telekom)
- “Sport & Law” forum: “Playing for success: eGaming strategies of a football Bundesliga club” – Presentation: Alexander Jobst (Board Member for Marketing, FC Schalke 04)
- “New media” forum: “LAOLA1 as a media platform and service provider: Where is the journey headed?” – Presentation: Rainer Geier (Managing Director, LAOLA1)
The full event programme can be found online at www.sports-media-summit.com
SPONSORS Verlags GmbH
SPONSORS is the leading provider of information in the German-speaking sports business industry in both the print and online fields as well as for conferences. The latter cover all issues relevant to the sports business industry (sponsorship, media, sports venues), and are in part the largest of their kind in Europe. Thanks to its unique editorial network, SPONSORS conferences offers coverage of issues and the attendance of speakers of an exceptionally high calibre. A total of almost 3,000 industry players attend SPONSORs events every year.