Workflow Innovations for Sports, Entertainment & Media from EVS
Moderated by Jason Dachman, managing editor at Sports Video Group, the panel will discuss how the demand for high-quality live content on any device is forcing broadcasters and content owners to adopt new production and distribution workflows that connect the remote production team with the broadcast center like never before. Alongside fellow panelists from sports networks and remote production providers, Stellpflug will examine how the “virtual truck compound” is changing the face of remote production and how these new workflows are enhancing the viewer experience.
At booth #1205, EVS Sports will showcase its innovations for live outside broadcast production operations, including:
· The powerful XT3 media production server which offers complete control from ingest to playout, including live editing, slow-motion replays, multichannel playback and transfer to third-party systems. At IBC 2013, EVS introduced the 4K XT3 media production server with 4K zooming.
· The new LSM Connect tablet-based companion to the MulticamLSM controller that makes it quicker and easier to index, browse and select clips, and manage playlists.
· MultiReview, the new tool that provides a central access point for monitoring all the cameras of a live production in one GUI, enabling live replay and editing decisions to be made instantly.
· The Xfile3 application for day-to-day file transfer and archive needs of EVS live production workflows. Operators can find and restore archived content – transcoding it if needed – and automatically back it up to disk, on the fly. File transfers can be monitored and managed from one easy interface, providing complete control and visibility across the content’s lifecycle.
EVS Sports will also showcase its latest connectivity solutions for sports centers, including:
· C-Cast, the first integrated platform that makes any multi-camera content, as well as archives, highlights and third-party content, instantly available on web-connected devices.
· The new C-Cast Xplore that allows remote access to all content from the XT3 server – as it’s being recorded – for fast clip production, archiving and editing.
EVS Media will show:
· The latest version of the OpenCube HD/SD server with even higher performance levels to handle the encoding of MXF 4K formats and transcoding from various formats including JPEG 2000, ProRes, AVC-I and DNxHD — faster than real time.
· The latest release of EVS Media’s OpenCube toolset which features complete support for closed captions and subtitles.
· XFReader for viewing MXF and GXF files, whatever their wrapped essence format.
EVS Media will also have its MXF UniReader station on the booth. Visitors can bring MXF files they’re having problems with and access the entire file, including synchronized video, audio, subtitles and metadata.
EVS Entertainment will demonstrate:
· The XS media production server designed specifically for studio applications along with the IPDirector suite of video production management applications for complete control of productions, including ingest control, metadata management, on-the-fly editing and playout scheduling – all from a single interface.
· IPLink for Adobe, a new plug-in that enables editors to access EVS content directly from Adobe Premiere Pro. It enables instant search, review and use of clips for post production.
XFly Streamer for easy control of multiple isolated camera feeds recorded in EVS XT or XS servers to be streamed simultaneously on a portable storage device. Combined with XFly portable storage, it enables efficient integration between a remote production and post-production facilities.
EVS provides its customers with reliable and innovative technology to enable the production of live, enriched video programming, allowing them to work more efficiently and boost their revenue streams. Its industry-leading broadcast and media production systems are used by broadcasters, production companies, post-production facilities, film studios, content owners and archive libraries around the globe. It spans four key markets – Sports, Entertainment, News and Media.
Founded in 1994, its innovative Live Slow Motion system revolutionised live broadcasting. Its reliable and integrated tapeless solutions, based around its market-leading XT server range, are now widely used to deliver live productions worldwide. Today, it continues to develop practical innovations, such as its C-Cast second-screen delivery platform, to help customers maximise the value of their media content.
The company is headquartered in Belgium and has offices in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and North and Latin America. Approximately 475 EVS professionals from 20 offices are selling its branded products in over 100 countries, and provide customer support globally. EVS is a public company traded on Euronext Brussels: EVS, ISIN: BE0003820371.