RTV Chooses T-VIPS
“When we were designing the architecture for Slovenia’s Digital Switchover project we knew that we wanted to utilize the flexibility and cost-effectiveness of IP; the T-VIPS solution is ideal as it enables us to do this, while using ASI in other parts of the network,” says Bojan Ramšak, technical expert, RTV Slovenia. “A unique feature of the solution is that it has redundancy built-in, which means we don’t have to choose between quality of service and cost-effectiveness – with the T-VIPS TVG420 we can have both.”
The TVG420 enables DVB-ASI (Asynchronous Serial Interface) MPEG-2 signals to be transported over robust IP networks to the transmitter sites, where a TVG420 converts the signal back to ASI. The built-in redundancy functionality of the TVG420 means that if there are quality issues with an IP connection, the TVG420 can seamlessly switch to the back-up IP transport stream.
“Our experience of DSO projects throughout Europe ensures that our solutions combine advanced functionality and flexibility with ‘install and forget’ reliability,” says Johnny Dolvik, CEO, T-VIPS. “When an operator is designing a DSO architecture it is specifying a system that needs to work well into the medium term. For RTV Slovenia, our industry leading experience of similar projects and our built-in cost-effective redundancy was very important. We are proud to have been chosen to work on this important project and look forward to our equipment providing RTV with fault-free operation for many years to come.”
TVG420 ASI to IP Gateway in a DVB-T SFN network
For the transmission of MPEG transport streams over IP networks, the TVG420 offers broadcasters an efficient, cost-effective and scalable solution for MPEG video contribution over IP.
• By taking advantage of the inherent flexibility of IP, broadcasters are offered an efficient, affordable and scalable solution for professional quality video contribution and distribution
• This product allows network operators to build revenue-generating professional Wide Area Networks for the video industry
• The TVG420 handles any MPEG-2 transport stream carrying MPEG-2, MPEG-4 (H.264) or VC.1 compressed video in both Standard Definition and High Definition.
The TVG420 ASI to IP Gateway features a highly intuitive user interface and is capable of handling up to eight ASI ports.
About RTV Slovenia
Established by the Republic of Slovenia, Radio-Television Slovenia is a public institutionthat makes and distributes radio and television programming. Its mission is to fulfil the democratic, social and cultural needs of the citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, Slovenians abroad, Slovenian national minorities in Italy, Austria and Hungary, Italian and Hungarian national communities in the Republic of Slovenia. RTV Slovenia enables the creation, preparation, archiving and broadcasting of:
• National TV channels
• Three national radio channels
• Radio and TV programmes in the regional centres in Koper and Maribor
• Radio and TV channels for the Italian and Hungarian national community respectively
• Radio and TV programmes for the Romany community
• Radio and TV programmes for Slovenian national minorities in the neighbouring countries and Slovenian emigrants and workers abroad
• Radio and TV programmes for foreign audiences
• Teletext and an Internet and mobile portal
• Direct broadcasting of the sessions of the National Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia and its working bodies, and the sessions of the National Council.
About T-VIPS AS
T-VIPS enables change within leading broadcasters, network operators and media organizations in over 50 countries by providing simple, efficient and intelligent ways of moving video. T-VIPS creates innovative solutions that deliver significant operational and financial benefits to its customers. Its highly experienced team combines broadcast, IP and video processing expertise to develop imaginative technology platforms for Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) and video contribution and distribution. T‑VIPS is internationally recognized as an industry leader and pioneer in the deployment of JPEG2000 and local content solutions for DTT. Focused on next generation TV services such as HD and 3D, T‑VIPS enables its customers to grow and meet consumer demand for increased choice and functionality. The privately-held company is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with Americas headquarters in New Jersey.T-VIPS