Panasonic AK-HC3800: UK Debut of Cost-Effective Studio Camera System
The AK-HC3800 studio EFP camera ensures high-quality images with a high-sensitivity 2/3 type 2.2-mega pixel IT 3CCD and a newly developed 38 bit DSP (internal video processing circuit) with 16 bit A/D converter. The camera incorporates various image quality adjustment functions, including image quality compensation functions such as a chromatic aberration compensation (CAC) and scene file settings in addition to the dynamic range stretch (DRS).
The AK-HC3800 can be combined with the AK-HCU200 Camera Control Unit and AK-HRP200 Compact Operation Panel to configure a cost-effective easy-to-use optical fibre transmission studio camera system. The camera and camera control unit can be connected for long-distance transmission of video signals over approximately 1,000 m when power is supplied from the camera control unit. The camera control unit and remote operation panel are connected by a dedicated cable and future support will allow a LAN cable to be used for an IP connection of these units.
The AK-HVF70, a small and lightweight 7 inch LCD viewfinder equipped with versatile assist functions, will also be exhibited. This simple and compact system supports high-end quality studio and EFP image recording.
AK-HC3800 Studio Camera
• The 2/3-type 2.2-megapixel 3CCD camera system offers F12 (2000 lx) sensitivity, low smear, and an excellent S/N ratio of 60 dB (at 59.94 Hz).
• Switchable between 1080/59.94i and 1080/50i HD formats for worldwide use
• The newly developed 16 bit A/D converter and a 38 bit digital signal processing circuit ensure high-quality image processing.
• The DRS (Dynamic Range Stretch) function suppresses blocked shadows and blown highlights.
• The Film Rec Gamma and Scan Reverse functions provide powerful support in digital cinema production.
• Features an internal digital extender (x2 magnification)
• 12-axis colour correction, detail, skin tone detail and matrix adjustment
• An SD Memory Card can be used for firmware version up.
The newly developed AK-HC3800 Studio Handy Camera is equipped with a high-sensitivity, high-quality 2/3-type 2.2-megapixel 3CCD and a new high-precision 16 bit A/D image processing circuit. By using the AK-HC3800 together with the AK-HCU200 Camera Control Unit and AK-HRP200G Remote Operation Panel that are being released at the same time, an optical fibre transmission studio camera system can be configured at a low cost. The camera and camera control unit can be connected for long-distance transmission of video signals over approximately 1,000 m (1,094 yards) when power is supplied from the camera control unit. The camera control unit and remote operation panel are connected by a dedicated cable. A LAN cable can also be used in the future for an IP connection of these units. Overall, the system is easy to use and operate, and offers excellent cost-performance.
The camera control unit AK-HCU200E allows a high-quality, long-distance optical fibre transmission camera system to be configured at low cost. The optical fibre transmission is supporting uncompressed video signals over a distance of approximately 1.000 m between the camera and camera control unit. The compact, lightweight unit measures 2U in height and is rack-mountable. Additionally the AK-HCU200E has a built-in cross converter supporting 720p/59, 94 and 720p/50.
Key Features / Benefits:
• Cost Effective
• Optical Fibre Transmission
• Small Size: Full size 2 Rack Unit
• Format: 1080i/60(50), 720P/60(50) (2013/04)
• IP Protocol (2013/04)
• SD card slot (to store/recall settings, Version Up)
• Distance 1.000m (Camera to CCU)
• Prompter (one prompter input is provided as a standard feature)
• Embedded Audio for HD SDI signal output
• Web Setting - The web setting can be done by connecting CCU wit a PC for CCU setting, application and FPGA programming. Special jig tools and extender board are not necessary for the upgrade.
• Output: SDI OUT x 2, SDI OUT (PM) x 2
• RET input (SI: 2 channels, VBS: 1 channel)
The compact operation panel AK-HRP200E is capable to support IP control of the studio camera AK-HC3800. IP control can also be used for remote control of compatible Panasonic and PTZ cameras. The unit has a compact 6U size and is equipped with a joystick control lever which allows iris and pedestal operation.Scene file functions are also provided. In addition the AK-HRP200E remote operation panel is equipped with an SD Memory Card slot for saving user files and updating firmware version.
Key Features / Benefits:
• Compact size
• Joystick-type iris control
• IP connection (spring 2013)
• SD card for setting & version up
• Maximum cable distance from ROP to CCU: 50m
The AK-HVF70E is a 17,8cm LCD colour viewfinder with light weight, low power consumption and a high resolution plus versatile assist functions like focus-in-red and pixel-to-pixel. By direct connect functionality no separate cable is necessary to connect the VF to the studio camera.
Key Features / Benefits:
• Weight: 1,8kg
• Resolution: 1024 x 600 (WSVGA)
• Focus assist functions (focus-in-red, pixel-to-pixel)
• Three assignable function keys
• Contrast, brightness and peaking are adjustable
• Tilt angle: 90° upward and 60° downward
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
PSCEU is the European branch of Panasonic Systems Communications Company, the global B2B division of Panasonic. PSCEU’s goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations efficiency and performance. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. Products include PBX telephone switches, document printers, professional cameras, projectors, large visual displays and rugged mobile PCs. With around 500 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.