Exhibition preview: ATG Broadcast at IBC 2013
"ATG Broadcast pioneered the transition from tape-based to file-based production, content management and playout both in the SD and HD domain," comments Tim Felstead. "Our infrastructure design team fully understand the advantages to be gained by integrating IP based technology, networks and software into their designs. We also have detailed experience of the workflows necessary to broadcast content to cellular and internet based viewing platforms. The resultant systems, operating successfully in many countries, are reliable, easy to use, easy to maintain and easy to expand."
Projects currently in progress or recently completed include:
* System expansion for Ericsson Broadcasting Services at its headquarters in Stockholm, including the upgrading of Studio K2 from standard definition to 1080i high definition.
* A DTT multiplex system as part of the extension of terrestrial digital video broadcasting services for a major European transmission service-provider.
* Playout facilities for the new HD2 Sports high-definition channel at the Stockholm headquarters of TV4 Sweden.
* A networked ENPS newsroom for South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC). With 1,100 user licences, the system is the world's fifth largest of its kind. Its primary role is to prepare content for all SABC television and radio news operations, including regional stations and international bureaux. The core installation is located in SABC's headquarters at Auckland Park, Johannesburg.
* An insert studio at the London offices of a US-based global financial services corporation.
* An expanded playout system for Icelandic Broadcasting Service’s Reykjavik transmission centre.
ATG Broadcast is one of the world's most innovative broadcast systems integrators. The company offers a comprehensive range of services including workflow-design, project-planning, equipment installation, software-configuration, commissioning, documentation and on-site training.
ATG Broadcast pioneered the transition from videotape to the file-based technology now used throughout the industry. It has also assisted many clients in the construction of new high-definition studios, master-control rooms and playout facilities, as well as the upgrade of existing SD systems to HD.
Embracing tomorrow's technology, ATG Broadcast delivers maximum value through close co-operation with customers, leading to mutually beneficial long-term relationships.
ATG Broadcast is part of Dan Technologies' Systems Integration Division, one of Europe's leading suppliers of audio, video, transmission products and digital media solutions. The Dan Technologies Group operates from offices in the United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Vietnam and Dubai.