Clear-Com Distributes Optocore Intercom Interfaces
The V3R-FX-INTERCOM and X6R-FX-INTERCOM are intercom interfaces for the Optocore™ distribution networks based on the market-proven Optocore™ and SANE (Synchronous Audio Network plus Ethernet) technology platforms. The Optocore dual redundant fibre-ring-based network can transport up to 1024 channels of 48 kHz sampled digital audio or can be reallocated to route data and video signals simultaneously with multi-directional audio. The SANE platform is based on CAT5 cabling, which carries up to 64 channels of very low latency digital audio and a redundant pair operating at the standard 100Mbit Ethernet. By using a ring topology, SANE is fault tolerant like the Optocore fibre-based solution and supports up to 24 interface nodes.
“Optocore and SANE together enable the V3R-FX-INTERCOM and X6R-FX-INTERCOM devices to deliver a highly reliable, flexible and cost-effective solution for broadcast and live performance productions,” says Simon Browne, Senior Product Manager at Clear-Com. “These devices seamlessly integrate intelligent intercom systems – for a production of any size and across any number of locations – with the other analog or digital audio, data and/or video signals over a fully redundant fibre or CAT5 cables.”
Today, Clear-Com’s Hybrid Network, which consists of Eclipse matrices at the core, extends powerful intercom capabilities to an integrated network of user control panels, wireless beltpacks, 2-wire party lines and Intercom-over-IP applications. When operating over the Optocore network using the V3R-FX-INTERCOM and X6R-FX-INTERCOM devices, intercom audio from the Hybrid Network can be efficiently routed to intercom panels at any remote network location, with the added benefits of dual redundancy, ultra-low latency and high bandwidth.
“Since the X6R-FX-INTERCOM is equipped with eight intercom I/O’s and the V3R-FX-INTERCOM with four, it is possible to run the intercom communication over an Optocore system and send an analog output or console mix-minus to an intercom IFB – for example, using our DD2FR-FX MADI interface,” says Optocore Founder, Marc Brunke. “Each RJ-45 interface is fully compatible with Clear-Com, so there is no need to use special connectors or adapters, just straight CAT5 cable. This dramatically simplifies cabling and offers cost savings.”
Optocore and SANE features and benefits include:
· Purpose-designed for Professional Productions: High signal integrity and guaranteed quality of service (QoS) for the critical demands of broadcast and live production.
· Ultra Low Latency: Unique synchronous design delivers a fixed at 41.6µs from any point in the network to any other point, regardless of the number of nodes on the network.
· High Reliability: Fibre Ring redundancy with additional SANE CAT5 and provides 100 Mbps over Fibre and SANE CAT5.
· Easy to Operate: Extensive central software control and monitoring capabilities makes it easy to supervise the entire network, change settings, display levels and log events.
· High Scalability: Simply add devices for new functionality or a higher channel count as production needs grow.