Broadcast & Audio Series' Loudness Summit Set for Dec. 7
During the event, attendees will analyse, debate, and discuss the latest technologies, innovations, industry standards, and important issues affecting loudness in production workflows and delivery. The summit will be chaired by Florian Camerer, senior sound engineer at ORF & PLOUD, and feature presentations from the following key industry professionals:
• Tim Carroll, president and founder, Linear Acoustic®: "Loudness at the Consumer End: 'We've Done Everything Right: Why Is It Still Wrong?'"
• Simon Tuff, principal technologist, BBC: "Case Study: 'The Wimbledon Experiment' – BBC & Fraunhofer"
• Thomas Lund, HD development manager, TC Electronic: "Loudness Normalization for Music, iPods, and Mobile"
• Andrew Mason, senior research and development engineer, BBC: "Standards: R 128, A/85. Are They Different?"
• Peter Schut, CTO, Axon: "The M-Word (Metadata)"
• Mark Pascoe, senior technical marketing manager, Broadcast Group, Dolby®: "Loudness in a Multiplicitous World"
• Peter van Everdingen, broadcast and audio consultant, Delta Sigma Consultancy: "Loudness in Distribution: The Safety Net"
• MC Patel, CEO and founder, Emotion Systems: "Challenges in Implementing Loudness"
• Felix Krueckels, senior product development engineer, Lawo AG: "Loudness Work in Live Productions Like Sports; Case Studies, Experiences, Upmix, Downmix"
• Florian Camerer, summit chairman and senior sound engineer at ORF, EBU-PLOUD, & VDT: "Loudness Normalization: Misunderstandings, Dangers, Pitfalls
The summit is supported by the following industry organisations: European Broadcasting Union (EBU-UER), Digital TV Group (DTG), Verband Deutscher Tonmeister (VDT), IPS, and Fraunhofer IIS, and sponsored by Dolby, Linear Acoustic, Axon, Emotion Systems, Minnetonka Audio Software, NUGEN Audio, TSL Professional Products Ltd., Studer, and HHB. Media partners include IBE, CSI, Broadcast Tech, and proaudio.de.
Early-bird reservations are still available at a discounted price. More information is available by contacting Martin Davies at email@example.com or by phone at +44 (0) 208 886 2323.
About The Broadcast & Audio Series Loudness Summit
The Broadcast & Audio Series present The Loudness Summit London 2012 The Loudness Summit is a top level conference and networking opportunity, designed to bring together leading industry players to analyse, debate, and discuss loudness issues in production workflows and the delivery of high-quality sound for television to the home. The Broadcast & Audio Series is a programme of exciting business information, educational, and networking events designed to discuss the challenges of delivering high-quality sound for television to the home.