Avid Customer Association Builds Momentum as Industry Visionaries Join Initiative
“Over the past few months, the initial response and momentum to the launch of the Avid Customer Association has been overwhelming,” stated Louis Hernandez, Jr., president and CEO of Avid. “The Avid community includes the media industry’s most highly respected thought leaders, innovators, and storytellers. The ACA has grown to include many of these leaders from around the globe. By working together to navigate the evolving media landscape, we can address the most pressing issues that media professionals are facing today, and produce results that will guide the industry forward.”
The Avid Customer Association is overseen and directed by an Executive Board of Directors, and includes Advisory Councils that address specific industry issues including corporate strategy, products and solutions, industry standards and practices, customer success, customer communities, and partners. A number of global industry leaders and visionaries have welcomed the opportunity to participate, including:
· Galal El-Hakeem, Director of Operations, Al Jazeera Media Network
· Zak Tucker, President, Harbor Picture Company
· David F. Alfonso, Owner and Chairman, Todd-Soundelux
· Ron Milkes, Executive Vice President, Endemol
· Janne Yli-Äyhö, COO, YLE
· Max Arteaga, VP of Operations, Televisa
· Paul Nicholson, SVP, Showtime Networks
· Ferry Kesselaar, Manager Technology en Facilities, NOS
· Raymundo Barros, Director of Engineering Entertainment, Rede Globo de Televisao
· Frank Governale, VP CBS News Technology and Operations, CBS
· Mr. Ding, Chief Engineer, CCTV
· Paul Stevenson, Director of Technology and Technical Operations, ITV News
· Dany Harrison, Executive Director of Operation French TV Production and Resources, CBC
· Fred Mattocks, Executive Director of Operation English TV Production and Resources, CBC
The Avid Customer Association will host its inaugural event, Avid Connect, from 4–6 April 2014, at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas. This event will mark the first time that the entire Board of Directors and all seven Advisory Councils meet in person.
Additionally, general members will be able to enjoy personal interaction with industry leaders and Avid executives, gain insight into Avid’s product direction and strategy, and learn more about the next phase of Avid Everywhere, Avid’s vision for the future of the media industry.
Registration details are available at www.avidcustomerassociation.com/register
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®.