ATG Broadcast at CABSAT 2012
ATG Broadcast recently announced the expansion of its systems integration and sales operations with the formation of a new company in the United Arab Emirates. The company provides support to ATG Broadcast’s existing clients in the Middle East and is a base for additional activity in and around the region. ATG Middle East FZ-LLC, is located at Dubai Media City.
“The Dubai office is headed by Hassan Ghoul, Managing Director of ATG Middle East FZ-LLC,” comments ATG Broadcast MD Graham Day. “His long experience of the Middle East Broadcast market includes 21 years with Sony Broadcast Middle East, latterly as head of sales and systems integration, followed by five years with Ascent Media as director of business development for the Middle East region.“
“ATG Broadcast already enjoys an excellent reputation in the Middle East,” adds Hassan Ghoul. "Our role include includes the provision of systems integration and supporting services for ATG Broadcast’s existing clients in the region as well as working with our UK-based colleagues to expand ATG’s relationship with broadcasters and production companies throughout the MENA countries.”
ATG Broadcast projects currently progressing in the Middle East include a production studio plus a file-based ingest system for Arab Radio & Television (ART). The network has contribution studios in many countries of the Middle East which are controlled from its technical headquarters in Amman, Jordan. This facility will form the technical heart of an entirely new site in Jeddah. ART is constructing a new building which will replace an outside broadcast vehicle currently deployed as a regional contribution centre. The new system will be essentially HD with some initial parts of the system in SD.
Other projects in progress and recently completed projects by ATG Broadcast include:
* HD MCR infrastructure for Associated Press, London.
* The world’s fifth-largest ENPS newsroom, for SABC Johannesburg.
* A 3D studio and Apple Final Cut Pro editing facility for Al Jazeera Children’s Channel at Education City in Doha.
* A 13-channel playout system expansion for TV4 Sweden, Stockholm, completed in just eight weeks.
* Major studio upgrades (to 3 gigabit/s 1080 50p) for BBC Television Centre Studios Three and Six in London.
* A five-studio production centre and 22-post-production suite resource for BSkyB's new Harlequin 1 broadcasting facility.
ATG Broadcast is one of the world's most successful providers of high–end reliable and easy-to-operate integrated systems for broadcasters and programme makers alike. Active in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, the company is part of the Dan Technologies Group which operates from offices in the United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Vietnam and Dubai.