AR-4i – Fostex Audio Interface for iPhone 4
Enter the new Fostex AR-4i. Offering excellent quality stereo audio recording, (via Dock connector and in-built AD/DA converter), with LED input level metering, gain control and headphone monitoring, the AR-4i has been designed to dramatically increase the quality of the sound of the videos you take with your iPhone 4.
The audio quality and versatile operation of the AR-4i make it ideal for both professional applications and domestic / consumer use. For example, in ENG applications where budgets are tight, the AR-4i turns the iPhone 4 into a high quality, hard working audio / video capture device while everyone who shoots video will appreciate the improved sonic quality and audio control the AR-4i brings to the party.
Whether you’re a reporter, stream video to web services such as Twitter, U-Stream etc., use video upload sites such as YouTube and Vimeo, or simply want to dramatically improve the sound of your videos, the Fostex AR-4i is for you.
The dedicated, easy to use iPhone App (available at the App Store) allows for easy control of input level, microphone setting, Equalisation, Filters etc.
· Exceptional audio quality - record/playback via Dock connector with built-in AD/DA converter
· Equipped with 3 x stereo inputs (Line/Mic) for using 2 of the 3 simultaneously for vertical or horizontal use
· 2 x plug-in powered condenser cardioid type microphones with pop-shields supplied. Third-party microphones can also be used.
· 4-dot LED level meter for input monitoring
· Thumb wheel input gain control
· Setup App supplied free from App Store for setting Pan (L/C/R), Low Cut Filter, Limiter, etc.
· Headphone output for recording & playback monitoring
· Long operation time with 2 x AAA alkaline batteries for 8 to 10 hours
· Supplied with a sturdy hand grip
· 2 x threaded tripod mounts on the bottom and side for use with tripod, camera rigs, etc.
· Cold shoe for use of third-party camera options