Vizrt Introduces Viz Engine/Artist 3.3 at IBC 2010
At IBC 2010, Vizrt will demonstrate groundbreaking advancements in real-time stereo 3D rendering, including the ability to insert real 3D graphics in true Z-space to enhance a stereoscopic production.
Vizrt will also demonstrate sophisticated virtual studio technology, hi-def 3D graphics, and unprecedented 3D visual effects, among other revolutionary live and studio event applications. One noteworthy demonstration will show breathtaking particle effects and animations created in real-time for Europe’s premiere live event, “The Eurovision Song Contest,” using Vizrt’s new RFxPlayer plug-in.
Viz Engine (rendering)/Artist (3D/2D modeling and animation) 3.3 and Viz Virtual Studio (virtual sets) support interactivity right out of the box. At IBC, there will be demos of the latest developments in interactivity, including the new multi-touch API within Viz Engine 3.3, and the new scripting functionality within Artist 3.3, which work in tandem to support a variety of multi-touch devices and displays.
Viz Engine/Artist 3.3 is a robust, fast, cost-effective platform for creating stereoscopic 3D graphics and video content for live sports, entertainment, and other premium TV shows. It includes the following new features and capabilities
Viz Engine/Artist 3.3 includes the following new features and capabilities
• Support for Windows 7 and 64-bit processing provides 4GB of memory to both Viz Engines
• Stereoscopic 3D rendering for live and post applications
• Dual-channel configuration using Matrox X.Mio2 cards and two graphics cards enables two Viz Engines to run on one machine and render different content, such as the left eye/right eye of stereo 3D
• Support for the Viz TrioOne configuration using Matrox X.Mio2 cards and two graphics cards enabling rendering of animated preview and program channel and the ability to run all software on the same platform
• Frame-accurate control of the Viz Engine via Sealevel GPI card
• High-quality chroma keyer
• Freetext Search in conjunction with the new Viz GraphicHub 2.2 database system lets users enter search strings and create logical folders
• HDR rendering, glow effects and soft shadows
• Scene editor is now resizable and offers many views
• Automatic resizing of the scene editor when the aspect ratio changes
• More search and sort options in the scene tree
• More widgets have tooltips now
The Viz Engine/Artist 3.3 platform is also extremely versatile and expandable thanks to efficient plugins, scripting, and an improved user interface. ExtraVizPlugins are now integrated within the Viz Engine installer so users no longer have to install them separately. Users also benefit from a growing, global community of Viz Engine/Artist experts and support technicians.
Vizrt CEO Martin Burkhalter says, “As the broadcast industry migrates to delivery and display of stereo 3D programming, Vizrt is dedicated to advancing cutting edge stereo 3D rendering technology for live and post production. Real-time stereo 3D rendering is being requested by more and more TV stations and networks worldwide. While stereo 3D television sets are a hot ticket item for early adopters, Vizrt is committed to perfecting stereo 3D technology because it is critical to the growing trend—producing captivating, innovative live sports and studio entertainment.”
Vizrt provides real-time 3D graphics and asset management tools for the broadcast industry - from award-winning animations & maps to online publishing tools.
Vizrt's products are used by the world's leading broadcasters and publishing houses, including: CNN, CBS, Fox, the BBC, BSkyB, ITN, Tele5, laSexta, ETB, TV3, Antena3 and FC Barcelona, The Globe and Mail, Times Online, The Telegraph, and Welt Online. Furthermore, many world-class production houses and corporate institutions such as the Stock Exchanges in New York and London use Vizrt systems. Vizrt is a public company traded on the Oslo Main List: VIZ, ISIN: IL0010838154.