Dimension 3 Forum: Spotlight on the Conferences
Some Conference Highlights
- Aljoscha Smolic (Disney Research - Zurich) - Project manager of the research group dedicated to video advanced technology field, will explain his point of view regarding S3D creation and new images contents (keynote on May, wednesday 25th)
- During the conference Workflow of a S3D feature film, Steve Schklair, 3ality CEO (US), will present Spiderman 4’s Workflow (directed by Marc Webb / Sony Pictures Production / Release in 2012). Danys Bruyère, TSF COO will present for the first time - the production orientations for Asterix 4 (Temporary titled God Save Britannia / directed by Laurent Tirard / Production supervised by the stereograph Alain Derobe / Beginning in 2010 / Release in 2012).
- The conference Filming live shows in S3D will propose an analysis of some making of S3D productions becoming references for 2011:
> Making of Carmen 3D, will be presented by Phil Streather (PLF producer, UK)
> Making of Lord of the Dance 3D, will be spotlighted by the stereograph Kommer Kleijn (Nineteen fifteen production)
> Slava's Snow Snow: La Compagnie des Indes and its producer Gildas Leroux will propose to discover the show of the Russian clown Slava’s wings
- The conference Are there really specific rules for 3D? will open its doors to feedbacks about the way of S3D writing is changing (with well-known S3D experts):
> Jarmo Honkala, stereograph at Stereoscape (Finland)
> François Garnier, stereograph for Pina 3D (directed by Wim Wenders)
> Erwin Schmidt, producer at Neueroadmovies (Pina 3D)
> Pascal Sid & Julien Lacombe, directors of Derrière les Murs (1st full-length 3D live) ...
Other conferences will highlight exceptional projects as Meerkat Manor, a wildlife documentary produced by National Geographic, presented by its producer Phil Streather, Makai, produced by Gédéon Programmes (directed by Pierre Stine), La Grande Odyssée, documentary (Cow Prod) or Cave of Forgotten Dreams (directed by Werner Herzog, Le Cinquième Rêve production).
On the Market Application Side ...
An overview of the augmented reality applications to present a roundup of tools, stakes and directions. (Thanks to some accounts of spokespersons coming from companies such as On-X, Total Immersion, Astuce Productions, Qualcomm, Space3D...)
Other conferences will also cover the opportunities offered by new images in market applications such as:
- The place of digital contents and interactivity in teaching
- What opportunities for video games and mobile products in S3D?
- New tools of communication on points of sale
- New visualization technologies for the medical field
About Dimension 3
Dimension 3, the international forum on S3D and new images, welcomes professionals and experts from all around the world as well as French prosumers to have a look at the state of the art in stereoscopic 3D creation and visualization solutions, as well as in the industry of new images and their applications. Dimension 3, en event held at the Pullman Dock and Haussmann Dock in La Plaine Saint-Denis (right outside Paris), offers a series of conferences, workshops and a Festival from May 24 to 26, 2011. Dimension 3 is co-produced by Avance Rapide and Seine-Saint-Denis Avenir with support from the region of Seine-Saint-Denis’s local authority.Dimension 3